Resources for Faculty
If you have any questions or are unsure about the services to recommend, please contact Kelly Herbolich, Program Director of Academic Support, at email@example.com or (314)977-2649.
General Tutoring Information:
- Student Success Center tutoring courses
- Tutoring Locations and Hours
- SI Session and times (no appointment necessary!)
- How to create a one-on-one tutoring appointment
Information on Study Skills:
The department of Academic Support does not currently offer individual workshops regarding general study skills. We do, however, provide some online resources that may help help a student on a basic level.
Tutors may also provide assistance with developing study skills for specific courses, so please encourage students to ask a tutor. Tutors participate in a yearly training, which includes information on study skills, cognitive development, adult-learning theory, and communication styles.
Depending on the students' classes, writing services is also a great resource to discuss the writing process, which often includes creating timelines by which to complete assignments.
Some additional resources:
- Academic Supports Online Study Skills Workshops & Resources
- SLU Math Department website
- Study Guides and Strategies
Faculty Guides of Tutoring Services:Faculty guides help to explain services, provide data, and summarize updates for upcoming semesters.