December 01, 2010
Information Technology Services Customer Service Center
ITS Tech Tip: Use Google Calendar
With Google Calendar you can mark your vacation days on your personal calendar as soon as they are approved.
- Login to mail.slu.edu
- Click the "Calendar" link in the upper left corner of your screen
- Click the arrow next to your personal calendar
- Select "Create event on this calendar"
- Type "Out of Office" in the title field
- Check-mark "All day"
- Select the first day of your vacation on the pop-up calendar
- Select the last day of your vacation on the pop-up calendar
- In the Show me as field, mark "Busy" - When you create an event spanning a day or more, the default will always be "Available," please change this to "Busy" so that your colleagues will know you are on vacation.
- Click "Save"