Paul A. Young Ph.D.
Paul A. Young Ph.D.Ph.D. in Anatomy, University of Buffalo, 1957
Professor & Chairman Emeritus
- 1953 Assistant in Anatomy, University of Buffalo
- 1957 Instructor in Anatomy, University of Buffalo
- 1957 Assistant Professor of Anatomy, Saint Louis University
- 1966 Associate Professor of Anatomy, Saint Louis Universtiy
- 1972 Professor of Anatomy
- American Association of Anatomists
- American Association of Clinical Anatomists
- Cajal Club
- Sigma Xi
- Society for Neuroscience
Honors and Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, 1972
- Golden Apple Award, Medical Class of 1974, 2000
- Teaching Award for Outstanding Dedication and Excellence, Medical Classes 1981, 1985, 1986, 1991, 1992
- First Annual Excellence in Teaching Award, The Academy of Science of St. Louis, 1993
- Kendig Award in Neuroscience Teaching, St. John's Mercy Medical Center, 1993
- Marquis Who's Who in America, 1982 - present
- Marquis Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare 1998-
- Emerson Excellence in Teaching Award (St. Louis University Awardee), 2001
ResearchInnovative medical education
PublicationsThe performance of students selected through a special program at St. Louis University School of Medicine. (V.L. Yeager, P.A. Young, M.R. Comas, and D.D. Miles). Academic Medicine 72(8):731-732, 1997.
Basic Clinical Neuroanatomy, 2nd Edition (P.A. Young, P.H. Young and D.L. Tolbert). Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, Maryland, 2007.
Peer teaching in gross anatomy at Saint Louis University (V.L. Yeager and P.A. Young). Clin. Anat. 5(4):304-310, 1992.
Cervical Spinal Cord and Roots: Basic Neurological Anatomy and Clinical Syndromes (P.A. Young and P.H. Young). In Microsurgery of the Cervical Spine. Edited by P.H. Young. New York: Raven Press, 1991, pp. 31-48.
Fundamentals of Visceral Innervation (B.D. Bhagat, P.A. Young, and D.E. Biggerstaff). Charles C. Thomas, Springfield, Illinois, 1977, 203 pp.