Roles and Responsibilities
AMEX T&E Card Policies and Procedures
A. Employee/Cardholder Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Cardholder will use the Amex T&E Corporate Card for business travel and entertainment expenditures only. Non T&E related charges may be denied or significantly delay reimbursement.
- The Cardholder will use the Card within the policies and procedures outlined herein and within the University Travel and Entertainment Policy
- The Amex T&E Corporate Card will be issued in the name of the employee but is the property of the University.
- By accepting the Card, the employee assumes responsibility for the Card and will be accountable for all charges made with the Card.
- The Cardholder will not transfer the Card to anyone else. The Card may not be used by anyone other than the cardholder.
- The Cardholder must maintain the Amex T&E Corporate Card with the highest level of security. If the card is lost or stolen, or if the cardholder suspects the card or account number has been compromised, the Cardholder agrees to immediately notify American Express Customer Service hotline at 800-528-2122 and the Corporate Card PA.
- The Cardholder will submit timely expense reports. Expense reports must be filed and submitted to the cardholder's approver in sufficient time for the approver to submit the report to the appropriate commitment office (Financial Services or Medical Center Finance Office) within seven days after the trip is completed or by the 7th day of the month in which they are due.
- The Cardholder will prepare an expense report to clear all reimbursable card charges paid by the University, as well as to request reimbursement for out of pocket expenses from the University.
- The Cardholder should not remit payment directly to American Express for approved and reimbursable business related T&E expenses. These are paid directly to Amex by the University.
B. Department Head/Business Manager's Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding the T&E Corporate Card policy and procedures
- Enrolling employees with a business need in the program
- Ensuring the Cardholders are using the Card within policies and procedures outlined herein and within the University Travel and Entertainment Policy
- Determining the spending limit for the Cardholder based on their business need
- Establishing and communicating any necessary departmental guidelines or procedures
- Collecting and destroying cards from employees separated from the University/department, and notifying American Express and the PA.