Our faculty are internationally recognized as leaders in research that promotes the health and well-being of all communities. Research within the Saint Louis University College for Public Health & Social Justice is built on strong partnerships among practice, academic and community partners.
These efforts are multidisciplinary, drawing on the synergies of all faculty members from the various fields within the College. The College currently has a research portfolio of almost $14 million dollars as faculty members work on projects that focus on prevention, understanding of social determinants of health and disease control.
Faculty have active research in areas such as:
- Cancer Prevention
- Health Care Infection Prevention
- Social Support and Control
- Indoor & Outdoor Air Pollution
- Policy Change Implications
- Community Development and Organizing
- Assessment and treatment of disordered gambling
- Sentencing and Punishment Outcomes
- Youth Violence Prevention and Community Engagement
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Maternal Depression