Cohort Programs in Educational Leadership
In addition to our traditional programs offered on site at Saint Louis University, the Department of Education offers degree programs at several cohort sites for student pursuing an Executive Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) degree in Educational Leadership. A cohort is a group of students who begin and complete a degree program as a cohesive learning group.
Since the inception of our cohort programs, over 1000 students have received post-graduate degrees. Graduates of our Educational Leadership programs typically obtain positions such as program directors, principals, assistant superintendents, and superintendents. Our graduate cohort programs are offered at several locations throughout Missouri. For more information about specific programs offered, click below on the location most convenient to you!
Unique Features of our Cohort Programs
- Programs that build on knowledge and skills of previous coursework
- Coursework completion date, which allows students to plan ahead
- Internships in schools and universities
- Group projects in areas of interest that are directly applicable to the field
- Team approach to learning
Benefits to Students
- Course schedule, meeting dates and times provided at the start of the program
- Opportunity to take courses close to home and work
- One-on-one attention from your professors
- Opportunity to develop lifelong connections and to network with fellow cohort members and university faculty for future employment possibilities
- Unique learning support group that studies together throughout the program
- Opportunity to be trained in effective project management techniques and positive team relationships
- Degree earned from a highly ranked university with programs accredited by NCATE, DESE and NCACU
Our cohort programs are conveniently located throughout Missouri. Click on a location below to learn more about a cohort site near you.