Counseling & Family Therapy Faculty
- Craig W. Smith , Ph.D. (Brigham Young) Professor and Chair . Medical family therapy, marital resiliency, rural families, marriage and family therapy teaching and supervision, and psychotherapy in China.
- Andrew S. Brimhall , Ph.D. (Texas Tech) Assistant Professor . Divorce and remarriage, gender dynamics, and trauma and resiliency.
- Dixie Meyer, Ph.D., (University of Missouri, St. Louis) Assistant Professor. Neurobiological applications in counseling, couples counseling, drama therapy, affect regulations and attatchment.
- Bobbi J. Miller, Ph.D. (Texas Tech) Assistant Professor. Transracial adoption, multicultural issues in the family, infertility and women's professional experiences in MFT.
- Nancy C. Morrison , Ph.D. (Saint Louis) Associate Professor. Family resiliency, single-parent and remarried families, and post-modern therapy and teaching.
- J. Douglas Pettinelli , Ph.D. (Kansas State) Associate Professor . Child development and family development; brain development, attachment processes, emotional regulation, shame, sibling relationships, adoption, and an overall eco-systemic view of human development in context.
- Hemla D. Singaravelu , Ph.D. (Southern Illinois - Carbondale) Associate Professor. Multicultural counseling issues; career development of diverse populations including gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender individuals; international students; and utility of social constructionism in counseling these populations.