Call for Applications: Innovative Teaching Fellowship
The CTTL is currently accepting Innovative Teaching Fellowship applications from full-time Saint Louis University faculty who wish to teach in our innovative Learning Studio. The Fellowship provides for a course release to support course (re)design work prior to teaching in the Learning Studio, as well as instructional design assistance during the semester of teaching.
The current Call for Applications is for the following Fellowship period:
- Course Release Semester: Fall 2013
- Teaching Semester: Spring 2014
- Application deadline: Monday, February 25 by 5 p.m.
Faculty who wish to apply for a Fellowship must:
- Consult the Innovative Teaching Fellowship Guidelines prior to completing an application; to review the guidelines, click here.
- Faculty considering applying for the Fellowship also are strongly urged to attend one of the scheduled open forums (see schedule below) to preview the Learning Studio prior to the required pre-submission consultation.
- Schedule and attend a pre-submission consultation with the Instructional Design staff of the CTTL. This consultation is required before applying for the Fellowship. Please contact Michaella Thornton by email at email@example.com or by phone at 314-977-1910 to schedule a consultation.
- Complete and submit the following application form: PDF or Microsoft Word file
- Obtain both Dean and Chair Support, using this approval form: Microsoft Word file
- Read the Instructional Design Team Statement of Practice to understand the relationship between faculty and instructional designers during the one-course, one-semester course release.
All application materials should be submitted electronically to Michaella (Hammond) Thornton, Assistant Director for Instructional Design, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy to Des Peres Hall, Room 209C, no later than 5 p.m. on the last day of the call, Monday, February 25, 2013.
Before applying for the Innovative Teaching Fellowship, potential applicants are strongly urged to attend an open forum in the Learning Studio to see the space's furniture and technology, and to experience some of the instructional possibilities of the space. No registration is required to attend these sessions.
The following open forums have been scheduled for the Spring 2014 Fellowship application period. All sessions are held in the Learning Studio, Des Peres Hall, Room 213.
- Thursday, January 24, 2013 from 3-4 p.m.
- Monday, January 28, 2013 from 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 6, 2013 from 1-2 p.m.
- Monday, February 11, 2013 from 4-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 20, 2013 from 1-2 p.m.
Questions about the Innovative Teaching Fellowship may be directed to Michaella Thornton by email at email@example.com or by phone at 314-977-1910.
This page was last updated on Friday, January 18, 2013.