Internships Outside of St. Louis
- The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials - Summer writing internship in Washington, DC. Paid. Must be college junior, graduating senior, or graduate student. Write for an array of outlets including: AASHTO Journal (online transportation newsweekly); Transportation TV News Update (weekly online video newscast); Marketing Transportation E-News (monthly online newsbrief); AASHTO's website, www.transportation.org; and other publications about critical issues in the transportation public-policy realm. Applicant requirements: must be skilled in news reporting, research, and journalistic writing for articles, press releases, and policy reports (experience writing video scripts, marketing materials, and/or Web content a plus); undergraduate or graduate studies in journalism, communications, public relations, or marketing (experience writing for a student newspaper and/or previous professional internships in a related field a plus); knowledge of federal legislative process essential (experience with and/or interest in surface transportation issues and/or state governments a plus); and ability to work full time for 10-12 weeks between mid-May and mid-August. AASHTO is the "Voice of Transportation" representing state transportation departments in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. AASHTO is a nonprofit, nonpartisan association serving as a catalyst for excellence in transportation. Our office is located on the north side of Capitol Hill near Union Station. Applicants should send a cover letter outlining their qualifications and their interest in the internship, resume, college transcript, and a dozen writing samples to Lucas Wall, Senior Editor, AASHTO Journal, Suite 249, 444 N. Capitol St., Washington, DC 20001-1539. E-mail submissions should be directed to email@example.com. The application deadline is Friday, April 23, 2010.
- Student Press Law Center - Internships for the spring (January-to-May) semester to work in our Washington, D.C.-area offices, creating content for our print and Web publications; We're seeking strong writers, with an interest in the law and in free-press issues a plus; We pay a $2,500 living expense stipend for the term - but of course, the real reward is to work alongside some highly committed First Amendment types doing work you will much love and long remember; Details on how to apply are here: http://www.splc.org/journalism.asp; Applications are due by October 8
- Funded Journalism Program in Berlin - Freie Universität Berlin and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) are pleased to announce the fourth year of an intensive scholarship-supported summer seminar/internship program in Berlin for American journalism and communications students; We would be delighted and very grateful if you could help us spread the word about this exciting new opportunity among your students, faculty and fellow staff; The program is targeted primarily at currently enrolled undergraduate students, but a limited number of graduating Seniors, recent graduates and Master's students may be accepted as well; For the first six weeks of the program, participants will take part in a seminar series to expand their academic understanding of the politics, society and culture of Germany, and the country's current social conditions and media scene; During the second week, students will go on excursions within Germany together with journalism students from the Independent States of the former Soviet Union; The final five weeks consist of an intensive internship with a German newspaper, magazine, radio station or PR firm in or near Berlin; Applicants must have at least "advanced intermediate" German skills to take part in the program, as the seminars and internships take place in the German language; The 15 applicants who are finally selected for the program will be awarded a monthly stipend of 650 Euros for the duration of their stay in Germany; DAAD will also provide health and accident insurance; Intercontinental travel is at the participants' expense; The application deadline is January 31, 2011; To find out about eligibility and the application requirements, please visit: http://www.daad.org/page/internxchange/ ; Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions at 212-758 3223 ext: 209 or via email at:Gaedeke@daad.org
- U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill's (D-MO) Washington, D.C. office - seeking applicants for full- or part-time unpaid communications internships for spring 2010; Duties will include tracking press clips and traffic on social media networks, updating and maintaining press contact lists, writing short press releases, and assisting with the office's day-to-day communications operation; Applicants should have a strong interest in political communications, new media, or journalism; Missouri ties are a plus; Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1
- McGraw Hill: Summer Internship in New York City - We are currently seeking candidates for the summer in our New York City location with a strong interest in social media, marketing, event planning, education, PR and overall web 2.0 start-up operations; The GradeGuru Marketing Interns will have the opportunity to work on the program strategy with our digital/social marketing team in order to help us raise awareness of our free platform and grow our member base on campus around the US; The position is unpaid but interns will receive a daily lunch stipend, monthly metro card and a $500 stipend upon successful completion of the program; Hours: 10am - 5pm Monday - Thursday; Primary tasks: Research and plan campus grassroots marketing campaigns for the fall semester; Recruit campus ambassadors for fall; Support the marketing team with strategic development and implementation; -Support the sales team with research and outreach; Support social media marketing efforts - Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, etc; Administrative work including site maintenance activities, notes moderation; Benefits of this position include: Working with McGraw-Hill Education, one of the world's largest publishers; Developing grassroots marketing skills; Being a part of the latest in web 2.0 education technology; Flexible hours; Designing and implementing customized marketing plans; To apply: Email Kevin_cafaro@mcgraw-Hill.com with your resume and cover letter.
Return to Internships