- Saint Louis Art Museum - PR/Editorial internship within the Marketing & Audience Development Department. Unpaid. The intern assists with media requests, proofreading, fact-checking and audience analysis. Candidates must be able to commit at least 15 hours per week in the office and have a minimum 3.0 GPA. The Museum's Marketing & Audience Development Department is responsible for audience development and external communications, including marketing materials, the member magazine, the Museum's website, and media relations. The Marketing & Audience Development Department offers four internship sessions per year: Winter - 3 weeks in January; Spring - February through April; Summer - June through August; and Fall - September through November. Job Description: The PR/Editorial Intern will be responsible for writing, proofreading and fact-checking marketing materials, including the Museum's quarterly member magazine and program guide, web copy and press releases. In addition, the intern will assist with media inquiries, including escorting media in the Museum. The successful candidate will be professional, highly organized and possess strong copyediting and writing skills. Required Qualifications: must be at least a Junior or Senior majoring in Communications, English, Journalism or a related field; must be proficient in AP style; must be professional, motivated and creative; must be able to multitask; and must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. To apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, including GPA, and three writing samples to Leigh Hamer, Media Relations Officer, Saint Louis Art Museum, One Fine Arts Drive, Forest Park, St. Louis, MO 63110, or email: Leigh.Hamer@slam.org
- v-Fluence Interactive - v-Fluence Interactive, a leader in the field of online marketing and public relations, is seeking a part-time paid intern to perform the following tasks: assist with administrative tasks; conduct online and off-line research; assist with public relations and marketing outreach activities; and, edit and develop content. Qualifications include: strong writing skills; excellent research abilities; ability to work in teams and individually; ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines; Internet and computer literacy, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Internet production methods, including HTML, blogs, imaging, multimedia, and basic Web site architecture helpful. Interns will be paid $10/hour and can expect to work 18 - 20 hours per week. Interns will work with senior members of the v-Fluence team at our St. Louis headquarters. For more about v-Fluence, please visit our web site at: www.v-fluence.com. Interested applicants should send a resume and short cover note to HR@v-fluence.com.
- Francis Howell School District Communications Department - Public Relations/Communications Internship. Unpaid. The Communications Department for the Francis Howell School District is looking for a Public Relations Intern for the Spring, Summer, or Fall semesters. Duties include: writing news releases, media pitches, and assisting in media escorts; designing and writing for the District's internal and external publications, writing for publications and media, assisting in the marketing of various District-sponsored programs and events, and assisting in the planning of several District events. Applicants must have strong writing and editing skills. Familiarity with Quark and other desktop publishing programs is preferred. Intern must be able to work a minimum of 10-12 hours per week. To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to Jennifer Gasper at firstname.lastname@example.org; mail to 4545 Central School Road, St. Charles, MO 63304; fax to 636-851-4083. Feel free to call 636-851-4000 or visit www.fhsdschools.org for more information about the District.
- Scottrade - Paid Public Relations Internship position available in PR department at headquarters in St. Louis, MO. Opportunity for intern to begin work this summer, and then into the fall and potentially lasts until graduation (great hire rate from Interns into full-time positions). Position would be for up to 32 hours per week during the summer. During school year would drop down to 20-25 hours per week. Duties and Responsibilities: Distribute daily news; write and distribute all press announcements for new manager hires and promotions; keep a record of all news stories through PR software; develop and maintain database of local media contacts; assist with local press release distribution and outreach to earn coverage for local branch offices; write and distribute press announcements for community relations programs; assist in the completion of online broker surveys; assist with localizing stories, pitching ideas, writing press releases and following up with local media; sit in on interviews and media training. Requirements: Strong interest in public relations; some experience with press release writing, formatting and process; exceptional written and verbal communication skills; knowledge of AP style; knowledge of brokerage industry a plus. In February of 2008, Scottrade was featured by Inc. magazine as offering one of America's Coolest Internships. Our internship program is designed to acclimate students to the profession. At Scottrade, interns are a business necessity and have a great opportunity for full-time employment. Scottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce. Visit www.scottrade.jobs to apply for the position
- The Hauser Group - Public Relations Intern. Paid. The Hauser Group is a small firm offering public relations and strategic marketing services to a variety of clients in the greater St. Louis area, some with offices in several other US cities. This internship is available at our downtown St. Louis office. Interns will work closely with our account executives, gaining true insight into the day-to-day activities within a busy public relations agency. Activities include: writing news releases, pitch letters, newsletter copy and advertising copy; making media follow up calls to secure placements for clients; assisting with coordination of details for news conferences and other special events; assisting with research projects; developing and updating media lists; and assisting with mailings for clients. Applicants for this position should meet most or all of the following requirements: be a junior or senior student studying for a degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field; have strong written and verbal communications skills; be computer proficient and familiar with Microsoft Word; be able to commit 15 to 20 hours per week to this internship; be reliable, hard working and have a genuine interest in learning about this industry. Position is available each semester. Interested students should submit a resume, cover letter, and 2-3 writing samples to Kelly Harris by e-mail to Kelly@hausergroupPR.com or by mail at The Hauser Group, 515 Olive Street, Suite 1204, St. Louis, MO 63101. For more information about our firm, visit www.hausergroupPR.com.
- St. Patrick Center Communications Center - Unpaid internships for college credit for Fall and Spring semesters, with flexible hours based on the student's schedule. (Students needing a summer internship will also be considered.) The agency work day is Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm but could include some evenings and weekends. Communications Center work is related to copywriting, graphic design, print materials management and media relations. Duties include writing corporate communications and media releases, designing marketing materials such as flyers, ads and signs, managing marketing materials to meet the needs of various departments, media relations, media pitches and media list management. Applicants should be pursuing a degree with emphasis in one or more in the following fields: corporate communications, media relations, broadcasting, public relations, marketing and graphic design. St. Patrick Center will provide a basic understanding of our computer and printing system. The student should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs like Word, Excel, Publisher and Powerpoint. The student should also have a basic knowledge of design programs like Photoshop and Illustrator. Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Kelly Peach, Director of Communications, St. Patrick Center, 800 N. Tucker Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63101. Phone 314-802-0687; email email@example.com. Interviews for Fall semesters will be conducted in late July-early August. Interviews for Spring semesters will begin in November and conclude in early January, with respect to the holiday break. Interviews for summer semesters will conclude in late April. For more information, please contact Stephanie Rea, Writer/Producer, St. Patrick Center. Phone: 314.802.1968. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- YWCA Metro St. Louis - Marketing/ Public Relations Internship. See Not-For-Profit/Philanthropic.
- Cheresse INK - Spring, Summer and Fall internships. Flexible hours. Learn PR and be in the media and social scenes of STL. All leads brought in will receive commission. Work from home and come into the office. Contact Christine Bainbridge, phone: 314-367-8954. For more information see www.cheresseink.com.
- City of St. Peters
- Community Relations internship - Assist Community Relations staff with production of city-produced publications and events. Duties may include writing news releases; coordinating the Arts and Recreation pages for UpFront city newsletter; assisting with and writing some features for UpFront and Above & Beyond employee newsletter; photo assignments; assisting with graphic layout of some publications; assisting with creation, development and completion of special promotional events and marketing campaigns; creating, editing and completing some desktop publishing assignments for City departments and creating and editing graphic designs for internal/external publications; and assisting with research.
- Government Cable Station - Assist cable staff with production of city-produced programs and PSAs. Duties may include field acquisition of footage, studio assistance, computer graphics, and possibly some tape editing, as well as maintenance and organization of tape and program files and general cable department assistance. Contact Lisa Bedian or Carole Stangle, City of St. Peters, One St. Peters Centre Blvd., P.O. Box 9, St. Peters, MO 63376
- Allied Advertising/20th Century Fox -- PR internship to assist agency with their 20th Century Fox account this summer. Assist Fox publicist in service press, researching groups and events for film tie-ins and promotions, and be responsible for filling and covering advance screenings of upcoming movies on behalf of 20th Century Fox. Send resume to Craig Jackson at email@example.com.
- Synergy Group -- Creative marketing communications/public relations firm. Writing, media relations, and special project support. Accepting internship applications for each semester. Part-time, 15-20 hrs/wk as internship/temporary position. $8.00 per hour. Must be junior or senior majoring in public relations, communication, journalism or marketing. Previous experience or course work in public relations or journalism a plus. Contact us at 314-961-9772, or email your cover letter, resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weber Shandwick Worldwide -- Public relations internship. Full-time. Paid. PR agency focusing primarily on consumer marketing--food and beverage clients and sports tie-ins. A successful candidate should have the following qualities: interest in the field of PR, previous classroom experience (PR, marketing and advertising classes), at least a 3.3 GPA, and ability to work in a fast paced environment. Previous internship experience a plus, but not required. Send cover letter, resume and writing samples to email@example.com.
- Hughes Advertising -- (see listing under Advertising Agencies)
- St. Louis Public Schools -- Public Relations internship. Part-time, 20 hour/week paid position. Should know Microsoft Word, FrontPage and PageMaker or Quark Express. Applications must be accompanied by two letters of reference. Obtain applications and forms by calling 314-345-4689, or send resume to Karen Hylton, St. Louis Public Schools, 801 N. 11th Street, St. Louis, MO 63101.
- Ladue School District -- PR internship. Responsibilities include writing press releases and editing copy. Will have own workstation, with telephone and email account. Send resume and cover letter to Kathy Reznikov, Public Relations Director, email: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax: 314-994-0441; or mail to 9703 Conway Road, St. Louis, MO 63124. To find out more call 994-7080, or visit web site at www.ladue.k12.mo.us.
- Saint Louis University School of Law - Communications Intern; Under supervision of the SLU LAW Director of Marketing & Communications, intern will: Develop media lists; Monitor, report and track media hits; Write press releases, media advisories, Web copy and feature stories; Staff media events as necessary; Develop a communications strategy for improving and maintaining Facebook and Twitter pages; Support general internal and external communications needs; This internship is paid, with flexible hours (minimum of 15 per week); If participating in this internship for University credit, all University requirements apply; Length of internship negotiable; For more information, contact: Laura Garner; Director of Marketing & Communications; Saint Louis University School of Law;
- O'Malley Hansen Communications - Full-time intern in our St. Louis office; Agency is focused on building brand visibility and company reputation through national and local media relations, online communications, employee engagement and influencer outreach; With offices in St. Louis and Chicago our team includes professionals with experience in agency, corporate, government and association environments providing superior client service to our growing list of marquee clients; Job Description: Paid internship opportunities to college students and recent graduates; Interns will work directly with OHC staff on a wide range of communications functions; Interns can expect to gain hands on, real world experience in public relations and serve as an extension of the fulltime staff; Candidates should possess strong communication skills and be able to handle multiple roles, write effectively and move quickly between tasks; A strong understanding of social media is highly desired; Candidates should have at least a B average and completed their junior year in college; Previous internship experience is a plus, but not required; Responsibilities could include: Drafting/editing media materials; Coordinating and staffing events; Managing and monitoring social media networks; Compiling research backgrounders; Editing press releases; Pitching media; Media monitoring; Conducting media follow-up calls; Building press lists; Participating in creative brainstorms; Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to, O'Malley Hansen Communications, 6677 Delmar Blvd. Ste. 200, St. Louis, Mo. 63130, Email: email@example.com
- Center for Entrepreneurship John Cook School of Business - Marketing and Communications Intern; This intern position would entail marketing, promotion and communications for the various Entrepreneurship programs, such as the Institute for Private Business, Entrepreneurial Alumni Hall of Fame, Entrepreneurship Diplomate, Allsup High School Entrepreneurship Academy, and other programs; Working with the Entrepreneurship Center team and the Center Director, duties will include the following: Development of marketing collateral (brochures, programs, fliers, etc.); Planning and executing on new and existing social media campaigns; Website design and simple programming; Editing videos; Researching and writing press releases; Development and maintenance of PR databases; Working with Saint Louis University's MARCOM Department; Skills necessary for this position include an understanding of social media applications, Photoshop, Illustrator, simple HTML coding, and any video editing software; We are seeking Seniors or Juniors, and they are encouraged to work for the entire year, if possible (Summer would be great as well). However, a semester-by-semester plan is feasible; Work study eligibility is preferred; Contact: Jeanne Rhodes, Administrative Assistant, Center for Entrepreneurship, John Cook School of Business, phone: 314-977-3850, websites: ecenter.slu.edu and eweb.slu.edu
- Marketing Communications Intern for St. Louis Community College at Meramec - Web site: www.stlcc.edu/servicelearning. Would involve advertising, PR, event marketing, social media and graphic design; Unpaid; Duties: Planning with faculty, meeting with students, assisting with work in the office, marketing events, planning events, scheduling with community partners; Site supervisors: Donna Halsband and Debbie Coson; Desire mature self-starter with good communication skills, verbal and written, and a creative thinker; Internship available fall and spring semesters; Application deadlines: July 1 for fall, December 1 for spring; Send resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for interview.
- Missouri Foundation for Health PR Internship - internships available year-round; $10 hour; Assist with communication/public relations/website efforts of the Foundation; Includes writing news releases, pitching stories to Missouri media, working on the website, and helping with community outreach and events; Assist with tracking of print/TV/radio clips to show ROI; Assist with media opportunities as needed. Must be strong writer, good communicator, have ability to multi-task, and have interest in learning new skills; Mentor and supervisor: Bev Pfeifer-Harms; Visit www.mffh.org. Internship opportunity available year round; Application deadlines: Late July for fall, mid-November for spring, mid-April for summer; Apply with resume and cover letter to Bev Pfeifer-Harms, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to 415 South 18th Street, Suite 400, St. Louis, MO 63103-2269; Show writing samples when interview schedule
Return to "Internships"