- Intent on becoming conversant in German in order to enhance your global career opportunities in international and domestic business, marketing, law, translation, government service, news services, the publishing industry or International Studies?
- Interested in gaining cultural proficiency in German, thus expanding your horizons and acquiring new perspectives with which to view your own culture?
- Fascinated by the humanistic and multidisciplinary nature of studying a foreign language and its culture?
- Curious about language, rhetoric, and communication?
- Keen on studying or interning in the German-speaking world?
- Thinking about becoming a German teacher?
- Looking to acquire German as a tool for graduate study in history, political science, library science and/or other areas?
Lyonel Feininger, Torturm III (1925)
The German Studies program at Saint Louis University offers:
- Bachelor of Arts in German Studies / an additional major in German in conjunction with another declared major
- Minor in German
- Language Proficiency in German
All degree options involve learning German in a highly communicative atmosphere and entail a multidisciplinary approach to the history, politics, society, and culture of the German-speaking world. Students completing a degree in German will find many fields open to them. Students have also gone to graduate school and have received financial awards from such institutions as Ohio State University, the University of Illinois, Newcastle University and Washington University.