Residence Life Overview
Division of Student Development Mission Statement
The Division of Student Development helps students develop as leaders who are spiritually formed, critically reflective, and socially and personally responsible.
- Spiritually formed students will have an understanding that there is a greater purpose and meaning in every life, and this will shape their influence con others.
- Critically reflective students gain knowledge and experience while challenging and clarifying values and beliefs.
- Socially responsible students will be influenced to encourage community and promote positive social change by gaining an understanding of other cultures and social conditions.
- Personally responsible students respect themselves and evaluate and adjust behaviors to ensure that they are physically, emotionally, socially, and spiritually healthy.
Department Mission Statement
The Department of Housing and Residence Life enhances the campus experience by creating an environment that facilitates the growth and development of the whole student. Housing and Residence Life strives to provide a safe and secure environment that fosters healthy, inclusive community-building among residents, supporting and emphasizing their academic success. Our commitment is to intentionally support the development of men and women for others through our support for the educational mission of the University and its Jesuit, Catholic heritage.
To review the department's vision statement and philosophy statement on diversity and social justice, visit the 2012-2013 Handbook.
On campus population - 3,541 including student staff
Different learning communities
- Greek, Micah - Faith & Social Justice (leadership), Global Villa, Honors, Health Sciences and more.
Department of Housing and Residence Life Professional Staff
Director of Housing and Residence Life - 1 full-time staff member who oversees the department.
Associate Director - 1 full-time staff member who assists the director in overseeing the department.
Assistant Directors - 3 Assistant Directors, 1 full-time Housing Operations, 1 full-time Leadership & Training Programs, 1 full-time Conduct & Safety.
Financial Coordinator - 1 full-time staff member who oversees the budget for the department.
Administrative Assistant - 1 full-time staff member who assists the Director and Associate Director with administrative duties and works with the student staff payroll.
- Housing Operations Coordinator- 1 full-time staff member who oversees the housing assignments for all students living on campus.
- RHCs - 9 Residence Hall Coordinators. Full-time live in staff.
- GHCs - 3 Graduate Assistants/Graduate Hall Coordinators. Part-Time live in staff.
- AHCs - 11 Assistant Hall Coordinators. Undergraduate staff that oversees desk management and supervision.
- RAs - 91 Resident Advisors. Undergraduate staff responsible for developing community and enforcing policy in the residence halls and apartments.
- DWs - Desk Workers. Work at 24 hour security desk located in each residence hall and one apartment complex.