Early Arrival Requests for Fall 2013
Click here for Move In Information for Fall 2013. Requests for early arrivals are strongly discouraged.
Requests will be reviewed beginning on July 10th, 2013.
Decisions regarding requests will be sent via email to the student's SLU email address. The deadline to submit early arrival requests is August 1st, 2013. The deadline to submit early arrival requests is 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, August 1st, 2013. Students approved for an early arrival will be held accountable for policies and procedures outlined in the housing contract, Housing and Residence Life Handbook, and Saint Louis University's Code of Student Conduct, and may be removed from early arrival housing if violation of the contract occurs. There is a daily charge of $35.00 for the student to move in early. All charges will be applied to the student account.
No requests will be approved for arrival earlier than Saturday, August 17, 2013, at 9:00 a.m.
Some buildings may not be available for early arrivals due to facility projects and renovations. If a student's room/building is unavailable due to these summer projects, the student's request cannot be approved.
Requests may be approved for the following reasons (documentation is required for each):
• International flights/outside the continental U.S. (You must provide a copy of your flight tickets.)
• Families with two or more college students at different institutions moving the same day. (You must provide the other University's move in letter.)
• Families who live more than 100 miles away and have both freshman and upper class students living in the SLU residence halls and on-campus apartments. (The Flats are not included.)
• Students with disabilities need to make requests through Disability Services in the Student Success Center.
• Medical issues (sickness, pregnancy, etc.) will be handled by individual Residence Hall Coordinators. (Students must provide medical excuse in writing from doctor.)
• Students who live more than 100 miles away who have law, medical, or graduate school orientation. (Students must provide orientation letter.)
• Transitional Housing for those students who are living on campus at the end of the summer session.
The advisor or department administrator must request early arrivals for students affiliated with the following groups: Please submit a written request directly to Lisa Grubbs, the Assistant Director of Housing and Residence Life, at email@example.com and must include whether the individual student or the department will pay for the early arrival. The advisor/department administrator should click here for the Early Arrival Request Form. Group requests should be submitted by Thursday, August 1, 2013. Please include: reason for request, student name, banner, email and date to move in.
• Campus departments and offices directly related to opening the residence halls & apartments
• University athletes on approved list provided by Janet Oberle
• Oriflamme members approved by Susan Fanale, S.I.C.
• University 101 instructors approved by Shelley Sawalich
• Student leaders as required by the Student Involvement Center (SGA, KSLU, U-News, etc.)
• Academic departments directly related to Fall Welcome Week activities.
• Graduate and Teaching Assistants (e-mail request from sponsoring department or faculty member)
• International Students will move in on Sunday, August 18, 2013.
All requests not directly related to opening of the residence halls will be subject to an early arrival daily fee of $35.00 regardless of the housing location.
Please do not make any travel arrangements or accommodations until you receive an approval for your Early Arrival Request. Travel arrangements, including ticket purchases, will not automatically guarantee approval for an early arrival.
Mail or fax the required documentation for proof of your request by Thursday, August 1, 2013:
Department of Housing and Residence Life
Attn: Early Arrival Request
3744 West Pine Mall
Village Apartments, Brown Hall
St. Louis, MO 63108
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (put "Early Arrival Request" in the subject line)