Join your SLU colleagues the third Wednesday of the month to learn about relevant "life" topics to support your personal development in and out of the workplace.
CLICK HERE to register for the Live Well sessions.
January 15, 2014 – Balancing Work and Life
Wool Building, 2nd Floor
Using the philosophy that “those who are happy at home perform better on the job,” this workshop was developed for those who feel burdened with too many responsibilities and without enough time for personal enjoyment. This workshop will help participants explore and define home responsibilities, identify career requirements and prioritize leisure time. The resulting better balance will help achieve more in one’s career and at home.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify the components of a balanced lifestyle
- Describe the concept of balance
- Identify what is out of balance in your life
- Describe how notions of balance have changed over time in your life and historically
- Identify the relationship between stress and balance
- Identify and explore the balance between home responsibilities, career requirements and leisure activities
- Describe how to create your own balance diagram
- Identify the right questions to achieve balance
- Describe the role of prioritization, limit setting and time management to balancing work and life
- Identify tips and suggestions on how to achieve balance
- Identify a personalized action plan to achieve balance in your life