Arriving in the USA
At the U.S. Border
Please note: You may be refused entry into the United States if you arrive more than 30 days before the program start date listed on your I-20 or DS-2019 form.
In the U.S. airport, you will go through an immigration inspection. During the inspection, you must be able to present the following (keep this information available at all times -- do NOT check this with your baggage):
- I-20 or DS-2019 form (for your initial entry to the U.S., the I-20 that you used for your visa appointment must match the I-20 used for entry)
- Passport (valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of your expected stay)
- F-1 or J-1 student visa
- NOTE: US Customs and Border Patrol will no longer issue a paper I-94 - electronic records of arrival and departure information can be found at www.cbp.gov/I-94
You might be asked also to present:
- Admission and financial documents
- Paper receipt for the SEVIS fee, Form I-797
- Name and contact information for your "Designated School Official"
Tell the inspector that you will be a student. (Be prepared to tell the name and address of Saint Louis University, also.) The inspector may stamp your I-20 or DS-2019 and return it to you. The I-20 or DS-2019 are proof of your legal admission to the United States. Please keep these documents safe at all times.
FALL 2013 Airport Pick Up
New international students can be picked up at the St. Louis airport for the Fall 2013 semester on
Saturday, August 17 and Sunday, August 18
- Please scan or forward your itinerary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please make sure that the itinerary is in English.
- Please make sure that you include your full name and banner ID with your flight itinerary.
- We will confirm that we received your information by e-mail.
How do I find the SLU staff that will meet me?
If you request airport pickup, a Saint Louis University staff member will meet you at St. Louis-Lambert Airport in the baggage claim area. The staff will wear Saint Louis University name tags and have Saint Louis University signs. If you are unable to locate a SLU staff member, you can go to the information desk to page a SLU staff member. If your flight is cancelled or delayed - please update staff so we can properly assist you.
Is there a number to call when I arrive?
If you do not see SLU staff when you arrive or you arrive on a day that we are not picking up students, you can give our office a call at 1-314-977-2318 during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm CST). If it is not during normal business hours and you feel unsure about what to do next, you can contact the department of Public Safety & Security Services at SLU by calling 1-314-977-3000. They will have instructions from our office concerning the next steps.
What if I am not arriving on the airport pick up days?
If you will arrive outside of the aiport pick-up days, please plan on taking a taxi to Saint Louis University. A taxi to Saint Louis University from St. Louis-Lambert Airport will cost around $50 USD. Many people find the taxi service to be reliable in the U.S. At Lambert Airport, the taxis are found in the garage on the same level as the baggage claim.
If it is normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm CST), please come to the Office of International Services (3694 West Pine Mall, Des Peres Hall, Room 102). You can easily locate Des Peres Hall because the top of the building is surrounded by flags.
If your arrival is after 5:00 pm or before 9:00 am - students living on-campus, please have the taxi take you to 3545 Lindell Blvd, go into the Wool Center Room 114, report to the Department of Public Safety, and ask them for help in getting to your on-campus housing. If you are not living on-campus or have not yet decided whether or not to live on campus, you should request that the taxi take you to a hotel near campus.