Upload an Image
In order for images to appear on your site, they must be saved to the web server. This process is called uploading.
Though you can upload any image, you should always ensure that your images have been formatted and sized appropriately for the web before you upload them.
Here are some tips about images for the SLU Web site:
- The color space should be set to RGB.
- Typically you should save photos as JPG files and logos and other images as PNG files.
- An image in the Body Copy field should be no more than 670 pixels wide.
Follow these steps to upload an image file.
NOTE: The file name of your image cannot contain any spaces. If it does, save the file under a different name and upload that version.
- Click on the Assets button in the top menu bar. This will bring up the Manage Assets box.
- On the left side of the Manage Assets box, Choose/Expand the Images folder and navigate to the subfolder where you'll be saving your image.
- On the top right side of the Manage Assets box, click on Upload.
- Click the Select File to Upload button. This will bring up the file system for your computer. Navigate to wherever you've saved the image file. Once you've found the file, click on it and then click Open.
- If the file is replacing one that has been uploaded previously, click the box next to Replace Existing File.
- Click the Upload button.