RegistrationThere are several steps that students must take to prepare themselves for registration each semester, and they are solely responsible for completing the entire process before being permitted to register.
1) Pay attention to your e-mail. Each semester, you will receive an e-mail from your academic advisor, indicating that it is time to schedule your pre-registration advising appointment.
2) Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor. You will do this through SLU Appointments, which can be accessed through mySLU.
3) Schedule an appointment with your faculty mentor. Currently, mentors are not connected to the SLU Appointment system, so students are responsible for either e-mailing or calling their mentor directly to schedule an appointment. If you are not sure who your mentor is, you can find out by following these steps:
- Log into Banner Self-Service
- Select the Student tab
- Select Student Records
- Select View Student Information, and choose the current academic term
- Select Go to all Advisor/Mentor Listing
4) Obtain your Registration PIN. You will need to request your PIN from your advisor and/or the front desk of the Student Success Center. Please note that we cannot release your PIN until you have made contact with both your academic advisor and your faculty mentor.
If you see your mentor before you see your advisor, you will receive your PIN during your advising appointment. If you see your mentor after you see your advisor, you may contact the front desk of the Student Success Center to obtain your PIN. It is your responsibility to make sure you complete all of this prior to your registration date.
5) Note your Registration Date. To find out when you register, please visit the Registration Classification.
6) Build your schedule and register on your designated date. You will use Banner Self-Service to look up your classes and register. For more information on how to register, please visit the Registrar's website.
Need to enroll in a closed class?
Generally, if a class is closed, you should look for other options to fill your schedule. If you absolutely need a certain course to stay on track for your major, however, you should contact the instructor of that course and request to be overridden into that section. If you get this permission, you will then need to fill out a Change of Registration form and obtain a signature from both that instructor and your academic advisor. This form will then need to be turned in to the Registrar's office (in DuBourg Hall 22) for final processing.