MOCRA Programs and Events
Grand Center Spring Art Walk 2012
Friday, May 11, 2012 5:00 - 9:00 p.m.
MOCRA joins with the museums and galleries in the Grand Center Arts District in presenting a Spring gallery walk. A great array of exhibitions will be on display, all within easy walking distance. The event features:
Make MOCRA your first stop on Friday, May 11. See The Papercut Haggadah and pick up your map and passport for an evening of visual art, music, and more!
- Follow the Purple Path with 1.5 miles of purple tape on sidewalks, guiding you to ALL of the museum and gallery locations
- Listen to live music in Strauss Park:
Aaron Kamm and the One Drops from 5 to 7:30 p.m.
Farshid Etniko from 7:30 to 9 p.m.
- Collect passport stamps from each location: six or more entitle you to discounts at participating restaurants and venues
- Spot opening exhibitions at the Bruno David Gallery, Contemporary Art Museum and Portfolio Gallery
- Experience a new temporary public art installation at Grand & Samuel Shepard, titled A Chromatic Confluence, with 20,000 feet of multi-colored string in a maze-like installation. Special for the Art Walk, youth musicians from Orchestrating Diversity will be positioned within the alcoves and eddies of the installation, bringing the visual art to life through music.
- Stop by the Grand Center Arts Academy for displays of student art work, tours of the school’s new building, and performances by talented singers and instrumentalists, as well as a performance by Dan and Ted Rubright with their guitar-percussion duo, The Wire Pilots from 6 to 6:50 p.m.