The University will host multiple Masses next week in celebration of Ash Wednesday. This year, Ash Wednesday is Wednesday, Feb. 13., and students, faculty and staff are invited to attend any of the available services that will be offered around the University.
Mass times and locations are as follows:
- 7 a.m. at St. Francis Xavier College Church
- 8:30 a.m. in St. Raphael Chapel in Schwitalla Hall
- Noon at St. Francis Xavier College Church
- Noon at William H. Kniep Courtroom in Morrissey Hall (School of Law)
- Noon in the Salus Center Chapel
- Noon in the Chapel of Christ the Crucified King on the third floor of Desloge Towers
- 12:05 p.m. in room 22 on the ground floor of the School of Nursing Building
- 12:15 p.m. in the Anheuser Busch Institute Chapel
- 4 p.m. in the Chapel of Christ the Crucified King on the third floor of Desloge Towers (prayer service)
- 5:15 p.m. at St. Francis Xavier College Church
- 9 p.m. at St. Francis Xavier College Church with 8 p.m. confessions beforehand
There will be no 9:30 p.m. Mass in Griesedieck Hall or Reinert Hall.
Ash Wednesday is the beginning of Lent, the season for reflection, prayer and fasting in preparation for Easter. During Mass, the ashes, which give Ash Wednesday its name, are distributed. The ashes are meant to represent worshippers own mortality and call to repentance.