RN, MSN, Instructor
Saint Louis University
School of Nursing
office: (314) 977-8996
fax: (314) 977-8949
Teaching: I am an instructor in the Traditional undergraduate BSN option. I teach both theory and clinical Medical-Surgical Nursing to Junior level students. I am committed to educating students to be competent, professional, capable leaders and critical thinkers, as well as foster a love for the nursing profession.
Practice: I have worked at Saint Louis University in various capacities for over 25 years. My experience at SLU includes work as a staff nurse on the orthopedic/trauma floor at SLU Hospital and in the outpatient orthopedic clinic. I have also worked in the apheresis department, the internal medicine clinic as a triage nurse and in the hematology/oncology department. I administered chemotherapy for 8 years in the Infusion Center at the SLU Cancer Center. In addition to my work at SLU, I maintain a position at a home care company working one day a week caring for a dementia patient. Prior to becoming full time faculty at the School of Nursing, I was adjunct faculty for the SLUSON, teaching both adult and geriatric clinical for 6 years.
Professional and Scholarly Activities:
- Orthopedic Nurse Certification (ONC)
- Member Midwest Nursing Research Society
- Member Oncology Nurses Association
- Member Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International, Delta Lambda Chapter
- Currently pursuing a PhD in Nursing, St. Louis University
- MSN, Nursing, Saint Louis University
- BSN, Nursing, Saint Louis University