I thank You for this day

Welcome to A Time for God, the Saint Louis University Prayerbook. If you are a first time visitor you may wish to learn more about the prayerbook. We encourage you to find a prayer for your reflection and to submit your own.
Thank you for visiting.

Oh God, I thank You for this day. I thank You for my being able to see and to hear this morning. I am blessed because You are a forgiving God and an understanding God. You have done so much for me and You keep on blessing me. Forgive me this day for everything I have done, said or thoughts that was not pleasing to You.

I ask now for Your forgiveness. Please keep me safe from all danger and harm. Help me to start this day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude. Let me make the best of each and every day to clear my mind so that I can hear form You. Please broaden my mind that I can accept all things. Let me not whine and whimper over things I have no control over and its the best response when I am pushed beyond my limits. I know that when I cannot pray, You listen to my heart. Continue to use me to do Your will. Continue to bless me that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak…Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others. I pray for those that are lost and can’t find their way. I pray for those that are misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who don’t know You intimately. I pray for those that don’t believe.

But I thank you that I believe. I believe that God changes people and God changes things. I pray for all my sisters and brothers. For each and every family member in their households. I pray for peace, love and joy in their homes that they are out of debt and all their needs are met. I pray that every eye that reads this knows there is no problem, circumstance, or situation greater than God. Every battle is in Your hands for You to fight.
I pray that these words be received into the hearts of every eye that sees them.

Submitted by: Karen Arruda
SLU Medical Center
Author: Unknown

Please share this prayer with your friends:
  • email
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Add to favorites

Related prayers:

1. The Gifts of Silence and Stillness
  2. There is a Longing
  3. Prayer Before a Meeting
  4. Prayer before Meal and Conversation in the Year of the Martyrs
  5. Prayer for Healing

This entry was posted in 2011 Prayerbook, Through All Times, Times of Beginnings, Times of Need, Times of Seeking. Bookmark the permalink. Comments are closed, but you can leave a trackback: Trackback URL.