Degrees Offered in Public Health, Social Work, Health Management
The programs of study offered at the College for Public Health & Social Justice develop professionals capable of making decisions that will influence population health in a multitude of areas. From our undergraduate, masters, doctoral and certificate programs, we offer academic programs that are rigorous, demanding and very worthwhile.
Our undergraduate program challenges students to work in a variety of areas in public health. We challenge students with a strong base in the liberal arts and the sciences to provide them with a solid foundation of profesional practice. Our five majors, Public Health, Health Management. Emergency Management, Social Work and Criminology & Criminal Justice are great both for students who want to enter the workforce with a bachelor degree and for students who want to pursue graduate education.
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health
- Bachelor of Science in Health Management
- Bachelor of Science in Emergency Management
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Minor in Public Health
- Minor in Social Work
- Minor in Criminal Justice
- 4+1, accelerated options, - Bachelor of Science in Public Health / Master in Public Health, Bachelor of Science in Health Management / Master of Health Administration and Bachelor of Science in Social Work / Master of Social Work
Our nationally recognized masters programs are designed to prepare students to work in a variety of areas in public health and social work. A Masters degree from the college provides students with the tools and skills needed to become a leader in their field.
- The number 9 ranked Master of Health Administration (MHA) degree according to U.S. News & World Report
- Master of Public Health (MPH) with 8 concentrations
- Master of Social Work
- 7 Dual-Degrees that combine with allied health, business, law, medicine and social work
- Master of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Executive Master of Health Administration (EMHA) for working health care professionals
- A Master of Science in Public Health degree with concentrations in behavioral science and health education and epidemiology
- An online Master of Science degree in Biosecurity and Disaster Preparedness
A doctorate in Public Health Studies from the School of Public Health prepares students for public health research, education and practice in academic, private and public research and consulting organizations. Students gain expert knowledge, as they are able to work side-by-side with our internationally recognized faculty who serve as mentors.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Public Health Studies with 7 concentrations
Biosecurity is one of the most rapidly growing fields in public health and our programs train students to prepare for and respond to natural and man-made events.
- Graduate Certificate in Biosecurity and Disaster Preparedness