New Student Incentive Scholarship
- Part-time: $500
- Full-time: $1000
- 1-2 recipients per term will be selected
Do You Qualify?
This award is for newly admitted SPS students registered for their first term. Students must be registered for courses by the application deadline. Up to two awards will be given per term.
To be eligible for the New Student Incentive Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria at the time of application:
- Newly admitted into any SPS program and enrolling in first term of courses.
- Ensure official copies of all necessary college, high school and/or GED transcripts have been received in SPS by the application deadline.
- Completed math and/or English placement tests as necessary.
- Submit a 300 word essay addressing the following topic: "What challenges do you believe will arise during your education at SPS? How will you overcome these obstacles?"
- Receive less than the equivalent of 9 credit hours (currently $5400) in tuition assistance per year (exclusive of aid received through the FAFSA, such as federal loans or grants). Students must submit a list noting source of funding and amount of assistance received.
- Currently registered for the term for which you are applying.
To apply for this scholarship, qualified students should:
- Fill out and submit the below application by the deadline.
- Meet all requirements described above.
- Include the essay described above.
- Include the list of tuition funding sources, if necessary, as described above.
School for Professional Studies (SPS) scholarships are awarded to qualified students enrolled in a program issued by SPS. The number and profile of applicants will vary by term; consequently, a student may be awarded a scholarship one term, but not the next. SLU employees and/or family members who qualify for SLU tuition remission are not eligible to receive SPS scholarships. The scholarships are not cash refundable and are applied directly to the cost of tuition for the term awarded. Receipt of an SPS scholarship is contingent upon successful completion of the enrolled courses each term. Students who withdraw from courses may be subject to forfeiture of all monies awarded by SPS.
New Student Incentive Scholarship Application