Professional, proactive academic advising begins with students prior to their freshman term during the Billiken Bridge to Success Program. Student Educational Services (SES) takes a holistic approach to student advising. We look at the students' academic and social needs and build on the cornerstone of developing strong, personal connections through frequent contact that includes assessments and goal setting. Frequent contact establishes the familiarity and trust that encourages timely feedback on educational progress and effective response. In support of the Integrated Advising and Mentoring System-Goals and Student Outcomes, SES advisors work with their advisees to develop successful strategies for graduation and beyond.
Office Location: O'Brien Hall
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
How to Make an Appointment
To make an appointment online follow these easy steps:
- Log in to your mySLU account
- Open the tools tab
- Click on the SLU Appointments icon
- Select "Academic Advising" and follow the screens to select your appointment time
- Always check-in with the receptionist upon your arrival
Preparing for your Appointment
Students can best prepare for meeting with their advisor by:
- determining a clear focus for the session
- presenting a list of pertinent questions
- bringing appropriate materials such as a planner, calendar, and syllabi
- arriving at least 5 minutes early
- scheduling courses
- adding/dropping courses
- academic and personal goals
- matters affecting academic progress
For more information about SES academic advising, follow the links to the left of this page.