Core Operational Objectives
The School of Social Work community consisting of faculty, staff, students and others actively involved in the teaching and learning process, will promote social justice through:
- developing just, egalitarian professional alliances with clients and client systems in order to assist them in developing empowering environments and contexts at all levels;
- advocating for inclusive policies and laws that protect the human rights and dignity of all individuals, groups, families and communities;
- organizing with others to advocate for the establishment and preservation of human rights for all groups of people around the world;
- developing efficient and effective interventions that assist in the alleviation of suffering and facilitation of empowerment of individuals, groups, families and communities;
- establishing service organizations, institutions and systems that provide equal access to resources, both human and natural, and respect the dignity and diversity of all persons; and
- engaging in the advancement of knowledge, critical thinking and open dialogue about our understanding and implementation of social justice.