Faculty and Staff
- Sara Bauman, Administrative Secretary - 314-977-3900
- Elizabeth (Betsy) Angeli (Bardon), M.S., Upper Division Lab Coordinator - 314-977-3967
- Paul Lega , Lab Coordinator Sr. - 314-977-4172
- Tim Dooley, Ph.D., General Biology Lab Coordinator - 314-977-3917
- Susana Schonhuth, Ph. D., Research Assistant 314-977-3932 (Curator of fish tissues)
- Brittany Wilson (Howard), Administrative Secretary - 314-977-3910
- Cyn Wise, Grants Development Specialist - 314-977-7657
- Dr. Robert D. Aldridge, Reproductive biology, ecology and conservation of reptiles.
- Dr. Nevin Aspinwall, Field Station Director, population biology and hybridization in freshwater fishes.
- Dr. Jan Barber, Plant evolution and systematics, molecular phylogenetics, island biology, and biogeography.
- Dr. Peter Bernhardt, Floral evolution, pollination biology, systematics of the flora of the Pacific.
- Dr. Elena Bray Speth, Biology Education
- Dr. Gerardo Camilo, Tropical ecology, landscape ecology, community ecology of forest insects.
- Dr. Claudio Casola, Evolutionary Genomics
- Dr. Stephen Dina; Associate Dean, College of Arts and Sciences, ecology and environmental sciences.
- Dr. Lindzy Dodson, Principles of Genetics, Principles of Biology II, Undergraduate Research Coordinator
- Dr. Brian Downes, Plant molecular biology.
- Dr. Jonathan Fisher, Muscle physiology.
Dr. Eva Gonzales, Principles of Biology II, Genetics Lab, Applied Population/Genetics/Molecular Ecology, Graduate Seminar
Dr. Blythe Janowiak, Oxidative stress responses in Gram-positive pathogens
- Dr. Jack Kennell, Mitochondrial-Nuclear Interactions and Retroplasmids.
- Dr. Jason Knouft, Aquatic Ecology, Biogeography, GIS
- Dr. Joe Leverich, Plant population biology, disturbance mediation of life history traits evolution.
- Dr. Richard Mayden, Systematics, biogeography, and conservation of freshwater fishes.
- Dr. Allison Miller, Evolutionary biology and population genetics
- Dr. Shawn Nordell, Behavioral ecology, metacognition and learning in students
- Dr. Judith Ogilvie, Development and disease of the vertebrate retina
- Dr. Laurie Russell, Molecular genetics, physiology
- Dr. John Severson, Plant physiology
- Dr. Laurie Shornick, Immunology, Cellular, and Molecular Biology
- Dr. Susan Spencer, Cell biology
- Dr. William S. Stark, Visual receptor function, vitamin A, ultraviolet light perception in Drosophila.
- Dr. Julie Thole, Principles of Biology II, plant molecular biology
- Dr. Thomas Valone, Community ecology, conservation biology and foraging behavior.
- Dr. Yuqi Wang , Molecular mechanisms of signal transduction, with emphasis on G proteins and MAP kinases
- Dr. Daniel Warren, Comparative and evolutionary physiology
- Dr. Robert Wood, Molecular systematics, biogeography, and taxonomy of freshwater fishes.
- Dr. Wenyan Xiao, Genetics and plant biology
Postdoctoral Research Associates
- Dr. Maria Chu (Knouft Lab) - Aquatic Ecology
- Dr. Matthew Michel (Knouft Lab) - Aquatic Ecology
- Dr. Lei Yang (Mayden Lab): Moleculary Systematics
- Dr. Cheryl Asa, SLZ, reproductive biology and conservation of vertebrates.
- Dr. Thomas Croat, MBG, systematics of the Araceae.
- Dr. Peter Goldblatt, MBG, systematics, karyology and breeding systems of African Iridaceae.
- Dr. Charles Hoessle, SLZ Director Emeritus, Animal conservation; zoo biology and education.
- Dr. Peter Hoch, MBG, Systematics and evolution of North American species of Onagraceae.
- Dr. Kevin Kayser, S-A, Microbiology, enzyme thermostability, thermophilic expression systems
- Dr. Peter Kevan, Pollination biology.
- Dr. Peter Raven; Director , MBG, biogeography of seed plants; coevolution of plants and animals; plant systematics.
- Dr. Mick Richardson, MBG, biochemical systematics, cladistics, and taxonomy of flowering plants.
MBG = Missouri Botanical Garden, S-A = Sigma-Aldrich, SLZ = St. Louis Zoo.