Admission RequirementsDoctoral Admissions faculty of the School of Nursing evaluate all applications and may request interviews with applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Master's degree in nursing from a program accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- Cumulative credit point average (GPA) of 3.25 on a 4.0 system.
- Satisfactory performance on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test.
- Current RN licensure in the state of residence/employment or eligibility for licensure in the state of Missouri.
- Evidence of high potential for scholarship, leadership in nursing.
- Commitment to conduct nursing research.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to discuss the PhD nursing program with the director of the PhD nursing program. To learn additional information about the program, the application process or curriculum plans, and receive academic advising, please contact the director of the PhD nursing program:
Andrew C. Mills, PhD, RN
Saint Louis University
School of Nursing
3525 Caroline Mall
St. Louis, MO 63104-1099
phone: (314) 977-8964
fax: (314) 977-8949
Saint Louis University's programs are open to all without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran's status. Minority and international students are encouraged to apply.