MSN & Post Master's Certificate
The following information is intended to facilitate your progression through the graduate program. As part of Graduate Education all students enrolled in the School of Nursing Master's and Post-Master's Certificate Nursing Programs are subject to the rules and regulations cited in the Graduate Education Catalog unless superceded by policies of the School of Nursing.
Upon the completion of the Master of Science in Nursing degree program, the graduate will:
- Utilize expanded knowledge of theories of nursing and other disciplines as a basis for advanced nursing practice.
- Use scholarly inquiry and research skills to improve decision making and health outcomes.
- Integrate advanced competencies, skills, and cultural sensitivity in relationships with clients and professionals.
- Exemplify ethical practice in advanced nursing.
- Facilitate the improvement of health care through leadership within health care systems and communities.
- Demonstrate competence in a specialized area of advanced nursing practice.
In addition, the graduate of the Master of Science in Nursing (Research) degree program will:
- Demonstrate initial competence in the conduct of research.