RN to BSN Online Programs - Nursing Degree at Saint Louis University
Earn your Bachelor's of Nursing Degree at SLU
SLU's online nursing degree program is designed for busy adults like you who wish to continue their nursing education at Saint Louis University.
The online RN to BSN program is designed to meet the needs of RNs who wish to complete the Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.
The RN to BSN nursing program at Saint Louis University is available in an online format and offered in partnership between the School for Professional Studies and the School of Nursing.
All courses offered through Saint Louis University School for Professional Studies are in an accelerated format designed for busy adults, with online and evening classes.
Unique features of this online RN to BSN program include:
- No required testing to validate previous nursing degree program education.
- Direct transfer of previous nursing education credit hours. Up to 38 credit hours of qualified diploma or associate nursing degree program courses may be awarded and applied towards the nursing credit hours required for the BSN.
- Easy transfer of previous college-level general education credit hours. Up to 64 credit hours may be awarded and applied toward the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program.
Our Partnership for Nursing Degree Programs
A student will need to apply and be admitted to the School for Professional Studies in accordance with SPS guidelines. They will then take up to 53 credit hours (depending on transfer credits) of SPS pre-nursing core courses. After successful completion (C- or higher) of the SPS pre-nursing core courses, the student will transfer to the School of Nursing as a RN to BSN program major. Here the student will complete the remaining nursing degree courses and elective courses to obtain their BSN degree.
RN to BSN Admission Criteria:
- Age Restrictions: None
- Work Experience as an RN: None
- Education: Associate degree or diploma in Nursing from a program approved by a U.S. State Board of Nursing or with a nursing degree approved by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing
- Interview: Successful completion of an admission meeting with an admissions counselor. This can be done over the phone or at one of our campus sites.
- Grade Point Average: A minimum transfer cumulative GPA of 2.5 (unless qualified for conditional admittance)
- RN to BSN students must have successfully passed the U.S. National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX Exam) and be licensed as an RN by a State Board of Nursing to progress to the nursing courses.
Saint Louis University currently accepts applications to the RN to BSN program from those who reside in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. When considering an out-of-state online program, the applicant should check with his/her State Board of Nursing and Department of Education regarding regulations pertaining to professional education outside their state.
|Register today for an upcoming online Information Fair to learn more about our programs.||If you'd like more information about the best and most flexible adult degree completion programs in St. Louis, fill out our information request form to contact our dedicated admissions office.||New terms begin every few weeks. If you're ready to get started, apply now and you'll be on your way.|
|Connect with SLU SPS!|