Why should you consider a SLU M.A. in Political Science?
In the last two decades, political science has broadened in response to globalization, the increasing separation of politics from nation-states, the rise of culture and religion as sources of legitimacy, and the proliferation of transnational movements and organizations.
The study of political science is central to understanding how the world works and what persons and organizations can do to promote social justice.
The Saint Louis University M.A. provides students with:
- Broad theoretical understanding of the political and social environments that shape possibilities for change,
- Advanced skills in political and social analysis,
- Expertise in national politics and policy, or in comparative and international politics,
- Understanding of the connections between culture and social and political institutions,
- Ability to analyze questions of ethics and social justice in different cultural and historical contexts, and in a variety of professional and organizational contexts - at local, national, and international levels,
- Disciplinary preparation for:
- Professional schools, including law, public policy, public health, business, and journalism,
- Ph.D. programs in political science and related fields,
- Enhanced career opportunities