Audit CharterMission and Scope
The mission of University Audit Services is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve Saint Louis University's operations. University Audit Services helps Saint Louis University to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The scope of work of University Audit Services is to determine whether Saint Louis University's network of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and represented by management, is adequate and functioning in a manner to ensure:
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed.
- Interaction with various governance groups occurs as needed.
- Significant financial, managerial, and operating information is accurate, reliable, and timely.
- Employee's actions are in compliance with policies, standards, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Resources are acquired economically, used efficiently, and adequately protected.
- Programs, plans, and objectives are achieved.
- Quality and continuous improvement are incorporated in the organization's control process.
- Significant legislative or regulatory issues impacting the organization are recognized and addressed appropriately.
Opportunities for improving management control, profitability, and the organization's image may be identified during audits. They will be communicated to the appropriate level of University management and the Board of Trustees Audit Committee.