You might want to bring the following to make your room more comfortable:
- Bed linens for an extra long twin
- Shower shoes
- Desk lamp - not halogen
- Identification (University ID Card and Drivers License or Passport)
- Health insurance information - card and policy
- Hygiene & laundry supplies
- Microwave - 700 watts or less
- Coaxial cable for your TV
- Ethernet cable for your computer
- Refrigerator under 3 cubic feet
- Computer/ Laptop
Click here for a general checklist of items to bring
What not to Bring
Please refer to the prohibited and restricted items list in the Housing and Residence Life Handbook. Some of the most common prohibited items students forget to leave at home are:
- Anything with an open or exposed heating element (e.g. toaster, george forman grill, hot plate)
- Candles and incense
- Pets - except for small fish and hermit crabs held in a 10 gallon tank
- Halogen lamps
- Barbecue grills - including apartments
- Hazardous materials other than cleaning supplies such as kerosene, chemicals, lighter fluid, etc.
- Alcohol paraphernalia such as empty liquor/beer/wine bottles, shot glasses, beer pong table, etc.
- Street or road signs
- Personal wireless routers
- Mail - When you arrive and check in, you will receive a number for your mailbox, if you have not already received it, which is located centrally in the BSC.
- Cable TV - Every room receives an "extended basic" cable package, which includes ESPN, MTV, CNN, TNT and other stations in addition to local network affiliates. Please bring your own coaxial cable cord.
- Internet - Every residence hall room has a connection to SLUNET, which provides access to the Internet, e-mail, and World Wide Web! All you will need is your computer, an Ethernet cable (25' recommended) and Ethernet card, and software. Before connecting to the SLU network, it is important that you install Norton Antivirus . If you have questions, please call (314) 977-4000.