Banner Finance Access
Access to Banner Finance may be requested by University employees requiring on-line financial information to fulfill institutional management or operational responsibilities. Database access is not a right, but rather a privilege based on University policies and procedures designed to protect the use, confidentiality, privacy and security of institutional and personal information. Existence of a database does not imply access is generally available or that a request will be approved. Access is approved subject to specific institutional guidelines, "need-to-know" requirements, and data inquiry/update restrictions.
For security reasons, access to funds in Banner Finance is controlled by the hierarchical ownership of funds which permits authorized access to specific funds at various levels within the University's organization according to the executive level, school/division, department or sub-department linked to the fund. For example, access granted at the school/division level permits access to all funds assigned to the particular school/division. Access granted at the department level is more restrictive, permitting access only to those funds assigned to a particular department.
Important: It is the department administrator's responsibility to notify the Banner Finance security officer when a department employee with Banner Finance access leaves the department or no longer needs access due to a job change. Contact Lisa Zoia immediately regarding system access changes.
- Requestor information: Enter all demographic information for the individual requesting access.
- Type of request: Check the appropriate box at the top of the form to indicate New User, Change to Existing Access, or Delete User.
- Screen/Access Type: check appropriate box; PROD is the Production system.
- Authorized Approver Information: Enter the SLUNet ID (username), and name, title and phone number of the authorized approver.
- Finance Tab: Check all boxes that are appropriate for the requestor's job responsibilities. In addition, list organization(s) and/or funds that the user may access.
- Click Submit (located to the right of the Finance tab)
- The Banner Finance security officer is notified via e-mail of the request, and will obtain additional approvals, as necessary. After processing the request, the security officer notifies the authorized approver.