St. Louis Attractions
Downtown St. Louis offers many shopping, dining, and entertainment opportunities. In addition, downtown St. Louis is a major business district.
- Gateway Arch: America's tallest man-made monument. Take the tram ride to the top, see a documentary film, experience a giant screen movie, visit the Lewis & Clark exhibit in the museum and go shopping.
- St. Louis Union Station: A National Historic Landmark with more than 85 unique specialty shops, restaurants and entertainment venues.
Art Saint Louis
Enjoy art exhibitions here! www.artstlouis.org
Washington Avenue/ The Loft District
Washington Avenue/ The Loft District is a vital neighborhood of residential lofts, galleries, nightclubs and other attractions. Washington Avenue/ The Loft District is located on Washington Avenue and Tucker Boulevard. If you feel like dressing up and going to dinner or visiting unique shops head over to Washington Avenue/ The Loft District!
St. Louis has a long history of great sports teams. If you enjoy sports and would like to see St. Louis sports teams at their best visit:
- Baseball: St. Louis Cardinals http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com
- American Football: St. Louis Rams www.stlouisrams.com
- Hockey: St. Louis Blues http://blues.nhl.com
Forest Park is one of the largest parks in the United States and it is located within walking distance of SLU's campus. It offers its visitors everything from bike trails to dining to places ideal for picnics. http://stlouis.missouri.org/citygov/parks/forestpark
Things to Do/Visit:
- The Boathouse: Enjoy a day on the lake. Here you can rent a boat or enjoy a meal at the Boathouse Restaurant.
- Saint Louis Zoo: In 1913, 77 acres of land were developed into a Zoo. Hundreds of people visit the zoo daily and enjoy the many animals and attractions the Saint Louis Zoo has to offer. General entrance is free of charge!
- St. Louis Art Museum: The St. Louis Art Museum is another popular attraction in Forest Park. The Museum has more than 30, 000 art works from many cultures and time periods. Admission is free of charge although some exhibitions may require a fee.
- St. Louis Science Center: Popular with every age group, the St. Louis Science center has galleries, a planetarium, and an OMNIMAX Theatre.