Saint Louis University Graduate News and Announcements
|University News Links|
Thank you, Father Biondi
Lawrence Biondi, S.J., retired as president of Saint Louis University on Sept. 1, 2013, after 26 years. He is the longest serving president in the University's nearly 200-year history. Now president emeritus, he is enjoying a yearlong sabbatical, during which he will continue his efforts to build national and international support for Saint Louis University.
Before coming to the University, Biondi had been a professor, a department chairman and a dean. But perhaps he will be best known as the visionary president and founder of the modern SLU. | Read more
The schedule will be updated throughout the term.
- Hubert Benitez, a Ph.D. candidate in Higher Education, will defend his dissertation, "Can Dental Hygiene Students with Minimum Requirements and Prerequisites for Admissions be Successful as Measured by Passing National Dental Hygiene and Clinical Board Examinations? An Analysis of Graduates from a Non-Traditional Model of Dental Hygiene Education," on Monday, December 2 at 1:00 p.m. in Room 329 of Tegler Hall.
- Jessica Chou, a Ph.D. candidate in Family Therapy, will defend her dissertation, "Social Support as a Protective Factor for Pre-Migration Experience, Acculturative Stress, and Post-Migration Health," on Wednesday, December 11 at 9:00 a.m. in the Clinical Conference Room of Fitzgerald Hall.
- Kerry Michelle Bommarito, a Ph.D. candidate in Public Health Studies, Epidemiology, will defend her dissertation, "The Impact of Chorioamnionitis on Maternal Morbidity," on Thursday, December 19 at 10:00 a.m. in Room 408, the Glass Conference Room in Salus Center.
- Katie M. Heiden Rootes, a Ph.D. candidate in Family Therapy, will defend her dissertation, "Parental Cultural Competence for Transracial Adoptive Parents' Effect of Experiences of Oppression, Perceived Support, and Multicultural Experiences," on Thursday, December 19 at 12:00 p.m. in Room 123 of Fitzgerald Hall.
The Honorable Michael Wolff Selected as Dean of School of Law
A current SLU LAW faculty member, Wolff brings an established record of leadership to his new role, having served 13 years on the Missouri Supreme Court and as its Chief Justice from 2005-2007.
Also . . .
- Father Biondi receives 2013 Mayor's Award
- Center for Global Citizenship Names New Program Manager
- SLU Administrator Selected for Exclusive Fulbright Seminar
- Research Yields Surprising Results on America's Income Gap
- OT Faculty, Students Participate in Global Day of Service
- Clinical Laboratory Science's Randolph Given Two Awards
- Seale Awarded Grant to Study Baby Boomers
- Faculty Senate Honors Two Professors
- Parks College Names Distinguished Professor of Aeroelasticity
- Annual Grantwinner Reception Honors SLU Researchers
- Graduate Fellowships Recipients Announced
- Parks Professor Named Royal Aeronautical Society Fellow
- Graduate Education Announces Scholarship Recipients
- Doisy Names New Interim Associate Dean for Research
- Thanavaro Appointed Associate Nursing Dean
- New Director Named for Center for Sustainability
- New Director Named for Organizational Informatics Grad Program
- Thomas Madden, Ph.D., Named Fellow of Medieval Academy of America
- SLU Administrator Named Fulbright-Nehru International Education Administrators Seminar Awardee
- SLU’s First Endowed Chair in Public Health Honors James Kimmey
Center for Global Citizenship: Making a World of Different
As Saint Louis University's international reputation grows, so has the global presence on its St. Louis campus. This May, the University opened its $8 million Center for Global Citizenship, located in the newly renovated West Pine Gym.
Also . . .
- $1 Million AT&T Contribution to Support Global Education Initiatives
- Vatican Film Library Releases Latest Issue of 'Manuscripta'
- Athletic Training Opens Study Abroad Program in Madrid
- Critical Thinking Assignments Broaden Student Perspectives
- SLU Creates College for Public Health and Social Justice
- Ten New Graduate Tuition Scholarships Available
- University Marks International Milestone in Aviation
- New Acquisition in the Vatican Film Library
- University Opens New Center for Workforce & Organizational Development
- Billiken BEAMS Competition Builds Bridges
- Reinert Center Celebrates New Name, Important Milestone
- Law School Building Project Receives $250,000 Gift
- SLU Plans Historic Move of Law School to Downtown
The Reading List: Online reports on college, careers and more
Articles and information from the World Wide Web
"Soccer league thankful to play for championship on new SLU field" (from STLtoday.com/St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
"From school to work to school again: the changing face of graduate education" (First in a series about graduate education from the St. Louis Beacon)