Master's in Organizational Informatics
Organizational Management Program
SLU for busy adults is here to help you learn more about the growing field of informatics in our Master's degree program.
Information technology (IT) and computer information science have revolutionized society and created industries that are vital to the world's economy, stability, and to human life. As a result of this growth and development, organizations are now presented with new opportunities and avenues for using IT to achieve their strategic objectives. The Online Master's Degree in Organizational Informatics capitalizes upon these new opportunities and provides professionals with an education relevant to advancing their career.
Our Organizational Informatics degree combines the interaction of technology with the human and organizational structures to support knowledge discovery, management and dissemination. It prepares career-oriented, working professionals in the areas of:
- Organizational Leadership
- Knowledge Management
- Evidence-based Decision Making
- Information Visualization & Presentation
- Project Management
- Organizational Dynamics
- Programming & Problem Solving
Choosing the right organizational management online or on-campus is an important step in both advancing professional development and enhancing career opportunities and satisfaction.
M.S. in Organizational Informatics
This online master's degree is a 36-hour program designed for working professionals wishing to pursue a professional master's degree in the IT and computer information science fields while maintaining part- or full-time employment. With courses offered in online and blended formats in an accelerated 8-week term, this program makes advanced education more accessible for working professionals.
The online information technology management degree program at Saint Louis University develops 12 competencies through project-based learning in the area of Organizational Informatics, with a specific emphasis on personal, interpersonal/group, organizational management, business informatics and technological competencies.
At the Personal level, you will be able to:
- Make sound, ethical decisions; and
- Practice evidence-based decision making.
At the Interpersonal/Group level, you will be able to:
- Create and sustain a culture that promotes collaborative learning and performance across a diverse work environment.
At the Organizational and Management level, you will be able to:
- Apply a systems thinking framework in work settings; and
- Lead change initiative efforts in an organization.
At the Technological level, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles, and theories relating to informatics, business informatics and informatics applications;
- Analyze, design, develop, and code modern software applications that address informatics-based science and industry issues;
- Examine and apply the principles of effective information organization and management to support knowledge discovery and dissemination;
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively integrate the skills of inquiry, critical thinking, problem solving and logical assessment;
- Understand and explain the quantitative and qualitative dimensions of a situation through applied research;
- Analyze and evaluate the ethical considerations that are associated with the modern field of informatics; and
- Develop the awareness to keep abreast of current trends and advances within their respective discipline.
To learn more about informatics, visit Dr. John Buerck's blog on "What in the World is Informatics?"
If you haven't completed your bachelor's degree, check out the Organizational Informatics bridge program.
View the admissions criteria for the Organizational Informatics program.
To learn more about our online IT degree programs, request information today or give us a call at 1-800-734-6736.
|Register today for an upcoming online Information Fair to learn more about our programs.||If you'd like more information about the best and most flexible adult degree completion programs in St. Louis, fill out our information request form to contact our dedicated admissions office.||New terms begin every few weeks. If you're ready to get started, apply now and you'll be on your way.|
|Connect with SLU SPS!|