M.S. in Organizational Informatics
Student applications will be evaluated by the admission committee. Minimal qualifications for obtained acceptance into the program are the following:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution.
- Work Experience: Applicant must be employed on at least a part-time basis (20 hours or more per week) and have at least 3 years of work experience
- Undergraduate GPA: 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale - Students with a GPA less than 3.00 will be considered for probationary admission. They must obtain a minimum grade of "B" in each of the first two classes to become a fully Classified student. The GPA requirement applies even to students bridging from the School for Professional Studies Computer Science Technology Program.
- Course work in the following areas:
- At least 1 course in information systems, information technology or a programming language.
- At least 1 basic statistics or research methods course.
- It is expected that incoming students have a basic, working knowledge of a standard word processing program (e.g., Microsoft Word), a standard spreadsheet or database program (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, SPSS), and a standard presentation program (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint).
- At least 2 letters of recommendation from reputable sources (e.g., faculty, employer, co-workers). This requirement will be waived for students bridging from the SPS undergraduate Computer Science Technology Program.
- The Personal Potential Index (PPI) is required/highly recommended as part of your application. The PPI is free. It requires that you provide e-mail contact information for up to five references (you can use the same ones who do your letters but you can also use employers and other individuals who can judge your personal attributes). The PPI can be found at http://www.ets.org/ppi. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- A 300-500 word personal statement describing the applicant’s interest in the program and how the applicant plans to use the degree.
- All applicants will be required to submit a current resume or curriculum vita with application materials.
|Register today for an upcoming online Information Fair to learn more about our programs.||If you'd like more information about the best and most flexible adult degree completion programs in St. Louis, fill out our information request form to contact our dedicated admissions office.||New terms begin every few weeks. If you're ready to get started, apply now and you'll be on your way.|
|Connect with SLU SPS!|