Dependent Care Plan
ConnectYourCare is the Saint Louis University Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP) administrator. Detailed information regarding the Dependent Care Assistance Plan may be found by clicking on ConnectYourCare Enrollment Guide.
The Dependent Care Assistance Plan may be used for eligible out-of-pocket expenses for the care of your child(ren) younger than age 13, or an incapacitated spouse or dependent parent. Contributions to the Dependent Care Account are taken from your pay before taxes are assessed. Examples of allowable expenses may be found in the ConnectYourCare Allowable Expenses Brochure.
You may elect up to a legal limit of $5,000 per year (married persons filing separate returns would be limited to $2,500 each). It is important to make sure your expenses for dependent care for the plan year will equal or exceed the amount of benefit you elect. Tax regulations require that any unused benefit at the end of the allowable claim period be forfeited. An enrollment choice must be made within 31 days of your date of employment, during the annual open enrollment period, or within 31 days of a dependent birth/adoption. For more details about the plan, please read the Dependent Care Summary Plan Description.
Per Internal Revenue Service (IRS) mandates, employees wishing to participate in a Dependent Care Assistance Plan must re-enroll in Dependent Care Assistance Plans annually.
Dependent Care expenses may not be reimbursed until after the service has been provided. Also, reimbursement may not be made until after the election has been deposited via payroll deduction. You will find helpful information regarding the Dependent Care Account claim reimbursement process. Plan participants have through December 31 of the current calendar year to incur expenses. Claims must be submitted by March 31 of the following year for reimbursement.
Participation in a Dependent Care Assistance Plan will reduce your taxable income. Since this is a pre-tax benefit, your income is reduced prior to social security (FICA), Federal, State, and City taxes being assessed.
New employees must submit a 2013 Enrollment Form within 31 days from your date of full time employment.
All services for ConnectYourCare are provided on-line. The ConnectYourCare website is http://www.connectyourcare.com/. Once you register and login, you will be able to access many tools for your Dependent Care Account. There are no generic claims reimbursement forms. You may access your personalized claim form online by choosing the add a new claim selection under the claim tab option.
For claims that require documentation, you can upload your claim documentation directly from your computer.
You may access ConnectYourCare's Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system using the following toll-free number: 1-877-292-4040. It is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Menu options are:
- For your account balance, press or say "1"
- For password or surname assistance, press or say "2"
- To report your payment card as lost or stolen, press or say "3"
- At any time, you can press or say "0" to talk to one of the CYC customer service specialists
Customer service representatives are available 24 hours per day, seven days per week via 1-877-554-1007 for direct participant inquiries of your Dependent Care Account. You can also visit their website at www.connectyourcare.com.
Eligible child and other dependent care expenses include charges made by:
- Nursery schools, preschool, day care centers, before and after school care and summer camps. The school or center must comply with state and local laws, serve seven or more children and receive a fee for its services. Summer camps are limited to day programs. Expenses for overnight camps or other expenses for educational purposes only cannot be reimbursed.
- Individuals (other than children under the age of 19 or dependents) who provide care in or outside your home. However, you may not use this plan if you are reimbursing someone who actually resides in your home.
- Dependent care centers that provide day care - not residential care - for dependent adults.
- Providers of household services related to the care of a dependent.