Host Family Program -- Student Information
No longer a visitor, but a member of our SLU family...
Begin or continue your journey at Saint Louis University by joining the Host Family Program.
When you join the Host Family Program, the office of international services will match you with a local "host" who will help you explore U.S. culture, Saint Louis University and the St. Louis area.
Throughout the academic year, you will meet monthly with your host to reinforce your multicultural awareness -- placing a stamp in your life-learning passport!
What are the benefits and outcomes for students?
- Increase your English-language skills to better understand and succeed inside and outside the classroom.
- Enhance your sense of community at SLU.
- Learn about American culture, traditions and customs.
- Connect to the University.
- Build your cross-cultural competency and understanding.
- Meet a host who will be there to answer your questions and serve as your personal advocate.
What do students need to do to participate?
- Be willing to learn
- Meet monthly with your host and/or host family
- Participate in one or two international services events each semester
Who are the hosts?
Hosts are alumni, faculty and staff who care about your success as a Saint Louis University student. Our hosts want to learn about you and your culture. Take them on a journey to explore your country by signing up to be part of the Host Family Program.
How do I sign up?
To be a part of the Host Family Program, click here for the application.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Lulu Dong, Coordinator of our Host Family Program, at (314) 977-4082 or firstname.lastname@example.org.