Below you will find several important steps to apply for financial aid:
1. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the main application to apply for federal or institutional funds each year. The FAFSA can be completed on the web at www.fafsa.gov after January 1 of the upcoming academic year. Saint Louis University's federal school code is 002506. Prior to completing your FAFSA, you should apply for a U.S. Department of Education Personal Identification Number (PIN) at www.pin.gov. The PIN will allow you to sign the FAFSA application electronically.
2. Saint Louis University School of Medicine also offers need-based scholarships and loans. Please review the University Scholarship page for information on how to apply for these limited funds.
3. All students applying for Federal and/or University aid for the first time are selected for verification. Students will need to submit the Verification worksheet and signed copies of the Federal tax return for the student (and spouse, if married). Signed copies of the parental Federal tax returns are required if parental data was provided on the FAFSA and the student is a first time applicant for scholarships.
4. Upon receipt of your FAFSA and file completion of required documents, we will determine your eligibility for financial assistance. Students will be notified by email when their Award Notification is available so that they may accept or decline the award offers through the mySLU portal, Saint Louis University's portal for financial aid, billing and registration information.
5. If you accept any offers of Federal student loan funds (Stafford or Graduate Plus), you will need to apply for and complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) for each loan program you accept. You only need to complete the Master Promissory Note once through the Federal Direct Loan Program. For additional information and to complete the MPNs for both the Stafford and Grad Plus Loans click here. Loan Entrance Counseling for Graduate/Professional students will also need to be completed..
6. We encourage you to check the mySLU portal for the most up to date information regarding your financial aid information.
The staff in the Office of Student Financial Services are available to assist you in any aspect of applying for financial assistance or student billing. Please let us know how we may be of service to you.