International law and comparative studies have become essential components of legal education. To provide clients with competitive service, a modern lawyer must reach beyond knowledge of American law, especially in the areas of commercial, corporate, environmental, tax and human rights.
For more than 30 years, SLU LAW has demonstrated its commitment to international legal education. Through its educational programs and scholarly activities, the Center for International and Comparative Law ensures that graduates have the education they need to pursue professional opportunities throughout the world.
The Center builds networks and alliances locally and internationally, making the School of Law a Midwestern hub for legal scholarship in international and comparative law. Regional law practices provide contact to global transactions, and the Center provides high quality legal talent that is conversant and comfortable with other cultures and legal environments.
The Center offers students:
- A Concentration in International and Comparative Law for J.D. students interested in receiving a broad foundation in international and comparative law within the context of a well-rounded legal education
- A variety of international and comparative law courses and seminars each semester
- Intensive, two-credit courses in international and comparative law taught by distinguished visiting international professors
- Study abroad opportunities in France, Germany, Ireland, Southeast Asia, Switzerland and Spain
- Conferences with experts and scholars in the field of international and comparative law
- The International Law Speaker Series
- The Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Team, which briefs and argues a hypothetical case on timely issues of international law before a moot International Court of Justice
- An LL.M. in American Law for Foreign Lawyers that places foreign lawyers in courses of their choosing alongside domestic J.D. students
- The student-centered International Law Students' Association welcomes all members of the student body, and sponsors a variety of social and academic activities
Center for International and Comparative Law
Saint Louis University School of Law
100 N. Tucker Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63101
Phone: (314) 977-2792
Fax: (314) 977-3332
Read our International and Comparative Law Brochure
Main SLU LAW Calendar
More Videos from the Symposium on Battered Women Who Kill