Why give to Saint Louis University School of Law?Each year, SLU LAW alumni and friends make contributions to the school. These gifts are essential for our day-to-day operation and provide many of the extras that enhance our legal educational offerings.
Gifts to SLU LAW come in all sizes, from $5 to $5,000,000 and more. Together they have tremendous impact: millions of dollars a year that the dean can use in specific, immediate ways to advance the academic enterprise.
Looking for specific examples? In this fiscal year, the following projects were funded with annual contributions:
- Travel expenses for students to compete in regional and national moot court competitions - For the second year in a row, our moot court team placed in the top four at the National Moot Court Competition and the Black Law Student Association's moot court team won the national title at the Frederick Douglass Moot Court Competition.
- Software for students to take exams online - Online exam software, which allows students more opportunity to organize and synthesize material, was purchased.
- Student Study Space - Additional student study space was created in the library, which serves as a second home for most students.
- Essay Advantage Program - This specialized one-day program teaches students necessary skills to prepare a bar exam essay.
- From seed money for student and faculty research and travel, to support for annual scholarships, contributions from alumni and friends touch everyone, every day.