Early Arrival Requests for Fall 2012
Please use the link below to apply for an early arrival request for Fall 2012 move in.
Requests will not be reviewed until Wednesday, July 11, 2012. Once requests are reviewed beginning July 11, 2012 there will be five business days for housing staff to respond to requests. Requests will be responded to by SLU email. The deadline to receive requests will be 8:00am, August 1, 2012. Students that are approved for an early arrival will be held accountable for policies and procedures outlined in the housing contract and may be removed from early arrival housing if violation of the contract occurs. There is a daily charge of $35.00 for the student to move in early. All charges will be applied to the student account.
Some buildings may not be ready for the early arrival process due to facility projects and renovations. If a student's room/building is impacted by these summer projects they will not be approved for these reasons.
No requests are approved to arrive earlier than Saturday, August 18 2012, 9:00 am.
The following are requests that are typically approved (documentation is required for each):
• International flights/ outside the continental U.S. (you must provide a copy of your flight tickets)
• Families with two or more college students at different institutions moving the same day (you must provide the other University's move in letter)
• Families that live more than 100 miles away that has freshman and upper class students living in the SLU residence halls.
• Students with disabilities need to make requests through Disability Services in the Student Success Center.
• Medical issues (sickness, pregnancy, etc) will be handled by individual Residence Hall Coordinators (provide medical excuse in writing from doctor).
• Out of town students (more than 100 mile radius who have law, medical, or graduate school orientation. Provide orientation letter).
• Transitional Housing for those students that lived on campus during the summer.
The advisor or department administrator will request early arrivals for students that are a part of the following groups below. Please submit a written request directly to Dawn Aldrich, the Associate Director of Housing and Residence Life, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The advisor/administrator needs to let the Associate Director know who will be paying for the student's early arrival if they are approved (i.e. department paying or student paying). Group requests should be submitted by Wednesday, August 1, 2012. Please include: reason for request, student name, banner, email and date to move in.
• Campus departments and offices directly related to opening the residence halls & apartments
• University athletes on approved list provided by Janet Oberle
• Oriflamme members approved by Susan Fanale
• University 101 instructors approved by Shelley Sawalich
• Student leaders will be handled by the Student Involvement Center (SGA, KSLU, U-News, etc.)
• Academic departments
• Graduate and Teaching Assistants (letter from sponsoring department or faculty member)
• International Students will move in on Sunday, August 19, 2012.
All requests not directly related to opening of the residence halls will be subject to an early arrival daily fee of $35.00 no matter the housing location.
Please do not make any travel arrangements or accommodations until you receive an approval for your Early Arrival Request.
Mail or fax the required documentation for proof of your request by Wednesday, August 1, 2012:
Department of Housing and Residence Life
Attn: Early Arrival Request
3744 West Pine Mall
Village Apartments, Brown Hall
St. Louis, MO 63108
or email: email@example.com (put "Early Arrival Request" in the subject line)