Early Arrival Requests for Fall 2013
Click here for Move In Information for Fall 2013. Requests for early arrivals are strongly discouraged.
Requests will be reviewed after July 19th, 2013.
Decisions regarding requests will be sent via email to the student's SLU email address. The deadline to submit early arrival requests is 8:00 a.m. on Friday, July 19th, 2013. Students approved for an early arrival will be expected to comply with policies and procedures outlined in the housing contract, Housing and Residence Life Handbook, and Saint Louis University's Code of Student Conduct, and may be removed from early arrival housing if violations occur. There is a daily charge of $40.00 per day for the student to move in early. All charges will be applied to the student account.
Please do not make any travel commitments or accommodations until you receive a decision regarding your Early Arrival Request. Travel arrangements, including ticket purchases, will not automatically guarantee approval of an early arrival.
No requests will be approved for arrival earlier than Saturday, August 17, 2013, at 9:00 a.m. Exceptions will be made for mandatory professional and graduate school orientations.
Some buildings may not be available for early arrivals due to facility projects and renovations. If a student's room/building is unavailable due to these summer projects, the student's request will not be approved.
Requests may be approved for the following reasons (documentation is required for each):
• International flights originating outside the continental U.S. (Student must provide a copy of flight ticket.)
• Families with two or more college students at different institutions moving in on the same day. (Student must provide the other University's move in letter.)
• Families who live more than 100 miles away and have both freshman and upper class students living in the SLU residence halls and on-campus apartments. (The Flats are not included.)
• Students with mobility limitations
• Medical issues (Students must provide written medical reason from treating physician.)
• Students who live more than 100 miles away and have law, medical, or graduate school orientation.
• Transitional Housing for students who are living on campus at the end of the summer session.
The advisor or department administrator must request early arrivals for students affiliated with any groups listed below. The advisor/supervisor should submit a written request directly to Housing and Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org and must include if the individual student or the department will pay for the early arrival housing charges. Group requests should be submitted by Friday, July 19th, 2013. Students may not request a check-in date earlier than the date requested by the advisor/supervisor. Please include: reason for request, student names, banner ID numbers, email addresses, and requested check-in date.
Groups eligible to request an early arrival include:
• Campus departments and offices directly related to opening the residence halls & apartments
• University athletes on approved list provided by Janet Oberle, Associate Director of Athletics.
• Oriflamme members approved by the Student Involvement Center.
• Approved University 101 instructors
• Student leaders as required by the Student Involvement Center (SGA, KSLU, U-News, etc.)
• Academic departments directly related to Fall Welcome activities.
• Graduate and Teaching Assistants (e-mail request from sponsoring department or faculty member)
• New International Students may move in on Friday, August 16, 2013.
All requests not directly related to opening of campus housing will be subject to an early arrival daily fee of $40.00 regardless of the housing location.
Mail or fax the required documentation in support of your request by Friday, July 19, 2013 to:
Department of Housing and Residence Life
Attn: Early Arrival Request
3744 West Pine Mall
Village Apartments, Brown Hall
St. Louis, MO 63108
or email: email@example.com (put "Early Arrival Request" in the subject line)