Last year, Saint Louis University recognized that the University needed a more robust emergency alert notification system. In September 2011, the University contracted the services of Rave Messenger, an industry leader in emergency alert messaging. The RAVE enhanced system allows the University to reach students, faculty, staff and visitors within minutes through a number of media options: text messages, cell phone, land line, email and digital signage.
Like any good system, RAVE relies on people and the ability to reach people though RAVE still depends heavily on having current contact information. As part of the ongoing effort of the Department of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, in conjunction with Information Technology Services, University Marketing and Communications, Student Development, the Registrar's Office, the Staff Advisory Committee and the Faculty Senate, everyone at SLU is encouraged to become part of the Emergency Alert Notification System.
It is important to note that information is held in confidence and will only be used in a situation that poses imminent danger to the life or safety of students, faculty, staff or visitors.
Join DPSSS in making SLU a safer place to learn, work, visit and grow.
Instructions to register for the RAVE Emergency Alert Notification System:
- Log into Banner Self-Service using your SLU NET ID and password
- You might be asked to verify ethnicity; if so:
- Make changes
- Select "Continue." After reviewing, select "Done"
- (If it does not take you back to the verification page, log out and in again to banner.slu.edu)
- Review your contact information, especially your phone number(s)
Use the active link under "Phones" to update and add phone numbers
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Select "Phone Type" from drop down
- Enter only a three-digit area code and seven-digit phone number without a hyphen. This number will only be used in the event of a campus emergency. (The emergency system cannot currently accept international numbers)
- "Submit" will take you back to the verification page
- (If this does not take you back to the verification page, log out and in again to banner.slu.edu)
- Verify your information
- Check first box if you want to receive a text message for the cell phone you added
- Check second box that you have verified / updated your phone numbers. (Required)
- Submit (Required)