Fuze Meeting Overview
News about Fuze Meeting at SLU (Updated 4/9/14)
How to Get Your Fuze Meeting Account
Fuze Meeting Account Features
Need Help? Fuze Meeting Support
Fuze Meeting provides powerful features to display and share the following with others:
- Your audio, and the audio of your online participants (if enabled)
- Your HD video, and the Rich media content such as HD videos and high-resolution images
- Documents such as PowerPoint presentations and PDF files
- Your computer's entire screen/desktop for demonstrating tools, collaborating with participants on a document or Excel spreadsheet, or whatever your teaching or discussion needs require.
Fuze, SLU's online meeting and video-conferencing tool, will receive new branding and a new and simplified user interface in June. Mac and iPad users will have early access to the New Fuze upgrade on Wednesday, April 2. This optional upgrade provides Mac and iPad users an advance debut of new features that will make it easier to join and manage their Fuze meetings. The upgrade will be available for PC, iPhone, and Android users in early June 2014.
Don't Panic! This is an Optional Upgrade
With the release of the New Fuze upgrade, it is NOT mandatory that users upgrade their existing Fuze client. Fuze will continue to support the current client/app versions throughout the summer and into the fall.
- If you have a Mac, you may be required to uninstall the existing Fuze Client on your Mac before downloading and installing the New Fuze Early Access client upgrade to your machine.
- If you have an iPad, the New Fuze App will be available in the App Store on April 2. Please note, if you have the Fuze app set to auto-update, your iPad will get the New Fuze upgrade on April 2, unless you take action in advance to stop the auto-update.
Check out the New Fuze User Interface
- Attend a Training Session - For basic training on using the New Fuze upgrade features, please click the Fuze link below to attend the "Connecting Confidently - The New Fuze" online training session on one of the following dates:
Wednesday, April 16th at Noon CDT or Thursday, April 24th at 1:00 p.m. CDT
"Connecting Confidently - The New Fuze"
This training is a public session that any SLU user is welcome to attend and will cover basic information about the New Fuze client. Topics will include the new features, User Interface changes, contacting Fuze Support, and online training resources.
- Review the What's Changed in the New Fuze Presentation - The presentation covers the basics on the new user interface and compares screenshots of the old Fuze client to the new client. Click here to open the presentation.
The New Fuze's upgraded look & feel for Mac and iPad will include:
- New User Interface - Fuze's interface includes an all new Welcome Screen with new features such as editing your Fuze profile or photo, and editing video & audio settings before you enter a meeting.
- Optimized for Video Conferencing - Attendees' video are shown full-screen until you chose to show other content in the meeting, such as a PowerPoint presentation or sharing your desktop. Video of meeting participants will now display across the top of the screen. If no video is shown, attendees can now set up a Profile Photo or Avatar to display.
- Improved Screen Sharing - When sharing your screen, the attendee video will also continue to be displayed to the presenter. The undockable Chat area let's you keep the meeting chat visible while sharing your screen.
- Check Camera/ Mic BEFORE Entering a Meeting - Fuze now lets users select their video/ audio settings before joining a meeting. Users can decide whether to allow their video or just a photo of themselves to be shown to other attendees. Users who opt not to display their video/ photo will see their initials instead.
- New Options for Chat - Private Chat is now easier because it allows you to select an Attendee's Avatar to chat with them. No more embarrassing private comments sent publicly! The Group Chat feature lets you chat with everyone in the meeting as before but now displays the photo of an Attendee next to their message.
- Manage Attendees' Audio - The Fuze Attendees List has been replaced with a new way to manage audio settings. Participants can now mute/un-mute their microphones by clicking on the attendee's video or photo displayed at the top of the screen.
Look for more information on the upgrade features and training opportunities to be released throughout April and May, here at www.slu.edu/fuze.
No request to ITS is required! All SLU faculty, staff and students are able to create their own Fuze Meeting account in one of these three ways:
- Download and install the Fuze Meeting app from Fuze's website at https://www.fuze.com/download. Launch the app and log in with your SLU email address and password to create or access your Fuze account.
- Log in to mySLU and click on the Tools tab, then click on the Fuze Meeting icon to create or access your Fuze account.
- Go to www.fuze.com and click the "Log In" link at the top right corner of the page. Log in with your SLU email address and password to create or access your Fuze account.
Students receive a Premium account. Faculty and staff receive an Enterprise account. The table below lists the features available for each account type.
|Plan Features||Faculty and Staff Accounts
|HD Video Conference||12 Video Feeds||5 Video Feeds|
|Meeting Participants||100 Participants||12 Participants|
|Open "Hostless" Meetings||Available||Available|
|Webinar Mode||125 Participants||Not Available|
* Including Video Conference
|Host Delegate||Up to 2 other Fuze users can start and run the original Host’s Meetings||Not Available|
|Fuze Cloud Storage||10 GB||1 GB|
|Internet Calling (VoIP)||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|FREE Toll-audio (US)||Unlimited FREE Toll-audio (US)||Unlimited FREE Toll-audio (US)|
|Toll-free and Call-Me Audio Minutes
||240 minutes/month *
|International Audio Minutes||Applicable Rates||Not Available|
* Review the Possible Charges for Audio Connection options section of the Fuze Meeting Policies & Guidelines page for details on the potential costs.
** There are situations when a Student may need to host larger online collaboration sessions as part of his/her academic degree requirements, graduate assistant activities, etc. Faculty and Staff can Sponsor a Student and request an Enterprise Fuze Meeting account on the student's behalf. Review the Fuze Meeting Policies & Guidelines page for more information.[Top of Page]
The best way to be successful when using Fuze Meeting is to do a little training, testing, and preparation. Fuze provides different types of training to meet different users' needs:
- Review the Quick Start Guides.
Need to host or attend a meeting in a hurry? Start with the Quick Start Guides to get up and running quickly. Include this link in your Fuze invitations to help attendees easily join your meetings.
- View the On-Demand Tutorials at your own pace.
These 20 minute tutorials are available for PC, Mac, Tablet, and Mobile device users. https://www.fuze.com/fuze-learning/on-demand-tutorials
- Watch a Recorded Training Session.
At your convenience, watch recorded product demonstration by the Fuze Training team.
Have an issue during a meeting? Use the Report a Problem button in the Fuze app to open a ticket with Fuze Support and automatically attach the Fuze log files from your computer.
Any SLU user can contact Fuze's Support Team directly for assistance.
International callers: +1-415-692-4800
|hours:||Fuze's Live Support is available 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday|
|web:||Submit and track your questions through Fuze’s online ticketing system at:
To request SLU ITS support with Fuze Meeting
- Please contact the IT Service Desk at 314-977-4000 or visit the IT Service Desk page for a complete listing of service desk locations and hours.
Learn More about Fuze Meeting:
- Basics of how to use Fuze Meeting
- Fuze and Tegrity-enabled classrooms
- Fuze Meeting policies and guidelines
Updated: 4/9/2014 MB