Since 1977, the Saint Louis University Women's Commission has worked to improve the campus and has the privilege of honoring those who recognize the need for campus change. Each year the Women's Commission selects five outstanding University women to be honored at an annual springtime luncheon.
In the 40th anniversary year, six women have been selected. These administrators, faculty, staff and students are recognized for their contributions, commitment and lives of service to the University and their community.
The 2013 honorees are as follows:
- Judith Carlson, associate professor at the School of Nursing
- Meg Connolly, associate vice president for Alumni Relations
- Susan Heaney, M.D., professor of pediatrics
- Hallie Kaiser, senior in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Cynthia Stolhans, associate professor of fine and performing arts
- Virginia Westermeyer, business manager for the Department of Family and Community Medicine
This year's luncheon will be held Wednesday, April 24, in the Wool Ballroom in Busch Student Center. The reception will begin at 11:30 a.m., with the lunch and program starting at noon.
For reservations, visit the Women's Commission page.