University Health Plan Information
University Health Plan (UHP) & Billing Procedures
All full time SLU students are eligible for the University Health Plan. Students can continue or begin their enrollment on the plan through the summer as long as they are at full time status in the Fall semester and will also be full time in the Spring semester. They are not required to be taking summer classes. Students can also purchase continuation coverage if they drop below full time status while on the UHP for any reason.
Saint Louis University requires all full-time undergraduate and graduate/professional students to have basic health insurance.
- If a student already has other (non-University Health Plan) health insurance coverage in effect, then coverage under the University Health Plan (UHP) may be waived by returning a signed waiver form with a copy front and back of the insurance card to the Student Health Center.
- Full-time undergraduate and graduate/professional students that do not waive UHP coverage will be automatically charged for UHP covering all semesters and/or terms in which they are registered and must submit an enrollment form.
- Part-time undergraduate and graduate/professional students are strongly encouraged to have health insurance coverage, but it is not a requirement of the University.
Saint Louis University Insurance Billing Procedures
- You are responsible for paying any co-payments, co-insurance or deductibles outlined by your insurance policy. If you do not have health insurance, you will be billed on a fee-for-service basis.
- Co-payments and payment for medication received at Student Health Center are required to be paid at the time of service. All other amounts owed will be billed to the student after the insurance is billed. Student Health medical claims are not billed through SLUs Banner system or student accounts. The student can determine the best billing address at the time of service for us to keep in our billing system.
- Students should always bring their insurance card to appointments at the Student Health Center, even if they have the University Health Plan. This will insure proper and timely billing for received services.
Need more information?
- Detailed information about the University Health Plan, policy information, medical and prescription drug benefit summaries, provider directories, and all UHP forms can be found at the University Health Plan website.
- Questions? Contact Student Health and Counseling by phone (314-977-2323) or fax (314-977-7165) - or - University Health Plan office by phone (314-977-5666).