SLU At NAFSA
Stop by the Saint Louis University booth in the exhibition hall to learn about partnership opportunities on both our St. Louis and Madrid campus. We will be located across from the main NAFSA pavilion near the center of the room (Booth #1521).
Join us for an hour-long presentation and tour at Saint Louis University daily at 11:00 am: http://www.slu.edu/undergraduate-admission/campus-visits/daily-visits
Schedule of Events
Monday, May 27, 2013
Campus Tour – 9– 11:30 a.m.
The Saint Louis University office of Admission will be hosting an official campus tour for NAFSA participants. Shuttle service will be provided between SLU and the convention center.
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
- Colloquium for Internationalizing the Law School: The Law School is co-hosting this event in partnership with LSAC (Law School Admission Council) in the Busch Student Center on SLU’s campus. http://www.nafsa.org/Attend_Events/Annual_Conference/Educational_Offerings/Colloquia/Legal/2013_Colloquium_on_Internationalizing_Legal_Education/
- Saint Louis University's Office of International Services will be hosting the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities in Saint Louis University’s new Center for Global Citizenship.
- New Senior International Officers (SIOs): What to Know, Who to Know (Including Yourself)
Presenters: Ms. Maria Jose Morell and Dr. Paaige K. Turner
2:30 – 3:45 pm, America’s Center Room 232
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
- Colloquium on Internationalizing Schools of Medicine and Public Health: The School of Medicine and School of Public Health is hosting this event on the Saint Louis University Health Sciences Campus.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Edward Trevathan http://www.nafsa.org/Attend_Events/Annual_Conference/Educational_Offerings/Colloquia/Medical/2013_Colloquium_on_Internationalizing_Schools_of_Medicine_and_Public_Health/
- Institute of International Education: Saint Louis University’s Office of International Services will host the Institute of International Education (IIE), one of the world’s largest and most experienced international education and training organizations. IIE will invite NAFSA participants to learn more about some of the most prestigious funding opportunities including Fulbright, Boren Scholarships and Fellowships and the Gilman International Scholarship Program.
1:30 pm – 5:30 pm, Saint Louis University’s Center for Global Citizenship – Des Peres Hall
- Work, Internship, and Volunteer Abroad
Presenter: Dr. Carol Beckel
8:30 – 10:00 am, America’s Center Halls 3-5, Poster Fair Area
- I-Engage Talks
Presenters: Ms. Amparo Kollman-Moore and Dr. Jack Strauss
9 – 11 a.m., America’s Center Room 122
Thursday, May 30, 2013
- Business Education Colloquium: Saint Louis University and the Boeing Institute of International Business are hosting this event in the John Cook School of Business, focusing on Internationalizing Business Education. Participants will also attend a lecture and reception at Boeing.
Facilitator: Dr. Seung Kim http://www.nafsa.org/Attend_Events/Annual_Conference/Educational_Offerings/Colloquia/Business/2013_Colloquium_on_Internationalizing_Business_Education/
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange) Germany Today Alumni Group Reception
Organizer: Dr. Diana Carlin
4:00 pm -5:30 pm, Pere Marquette Room at Saint Louis University
Friday, May 31, 2013
- Colloquium on Internationalization and Sustainability: Saint Louis University’s Center for Sustainability is co-hosting this event.
Moderator: Dr. Diana Carlin
Presenter: Dr. John Woolschlager
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Kerr Foundation Building
- Global Learning Through a Co-curricular Program Addressing Social Injustice
Presenters: Dr. Michelle Lorenzini, Dr. Ellen Carnaghan, Kyle Strothmann and Anu Gorukanti
9-10 a.m., America's Center Room 231
- Social Justice Beyond Service: Internationalizing the Mission Abroad
Presenter: Dr. Paaige K. Turner
10:30 – 11:45 a.m., America’s Center Room 242