The American University in Spain
Saint Louis University's Madrid Campus delivers a world-class education and will expand your cultural horizons, whether you study with us for four years or just a few months. We welcome students from the United States, Spain and more than 50 other countries to pursue degrees and study abroad.
An innovator in education, SLU-Madrid is prepared to offer quality American university
classes online this summer, delivered by distinguished, international faculty. Students
from across the globe will connect in a virtual international learning community.
To accommodate students from visa-waiver countries such as the United States, SLU-Madrid has implemented a hybrid academic calendar for the fall semester, which combines remote coursework with a stay in Madrid of fewer than 90 days.
In addition to 15 undergraduate and two graduate degree programs that can be pursued entirely in Spain, our Madrid Campus enables students to complete requirements for more than half of Saint Louis University’s nearly 100 degree programs. Students begin their studies in Madrid and then transfer to St. Louis to complete their degrees.
Benefits of Studying at SLU-Madrid
- Accredited in the U.S., SLU-Madrid is registered with Spain’s Ministry of Higher Education and Research to offer U.S. degree programs.
- Our faculty are fully committed to you as a student.
- Our exceptionally low student-professor ratio means that they know you personally.
- More than half our students receive financial aid.
- You’ll find that you will quickly feel at home in our newly renovated, landmark buildings, within minutes of the city center.
- A first-year housing requirement places new students together in a unique and diverse residential life community.
- Flexible housing options for study abroad, transfer and returning students mean you can choose to live with a Spanish family, in a student residence or share an apartment anywhere in the city.
- Whether on your own or with the University, you will be able to experience Spain, the rest of Europe and beyond with the Madrid campus as your home base.
- Studying with people from cultures other than your own prepares you to meet the challenges of an increasingly globalized world.