The Saint Louis University School for Professional Studies offers flexible and affordable online degree and certificate programs that were created for working adults.
Whether you want to increase your earning potential, be promoted in your current field or change careers, we designed our programs with you in mind.
- All of your classes are online — study when and where it’s convenient for you.
- You’ll take shorter, eight-week classes rather than traditional semester-long classes. Earn up to 30 credits a year to complete your educational goals faster.
- Since we offer six, eight-week terms, you can start your studies anytime during the year. Terms begin in January, March, June, August and October.
- You’ll receive a quality education from Saint Louis University at a reduced rate. Military, veterans and first-responders pay only $410 per credit hour.
- SLU accepts transfer credits and offers credit for prior learning through the American Council of Education, the College-Level Examination Program and the United States Department of Defense DSST examinations.
How to Become a Student
- Research our online degree programs to figure out which is the right fit for you. SLU’s School for Professional Studies offers nine different undergraduate degrees, two graduate degrees, and more than a dozen minor and certificate program options.
- Attend a networking event. The School for Professional Studies hosts multiple networking events throughout the year. This is your opportunity to learn what it takes to succeed with online studies at SLU and to chat with academic coaches and faculty.
- Contact the School for Professional Studies. Fill out an information request form to contact our admissions office and receive more information on our programs, as well as reminders about upcoming deadlines.
Applications are accepted and processed on a rolling basis. If you’re interested in pursuing a degree or certificate, you can start your free online application through SPS.
If you are seeking an undergraduate degree or certificate and don’t have a bachelor's degree, you must submit an official transcript from your most recent institution. If you have never attended college, you will need to confirm on your application that you completed high school or the GED.
If you’re seeking a graduate degree or post-bachelor's certificate, you must submit your official transcript from the institution your undergraduate degree was awarded.
Note: to receive maximum transfer credit, official transcripts from all institutions attended are required to be submitted within the first semester of attendance.
Ask each school to mail official transcripts directly to:
SLU School for Professional Studies
ATTN: Eric Miller
3840 Lindell Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63108
Email transcripts directly to Eric Miller at email@example.com.
You may download our transcript request form to use when requesting transcripts from previously attended institutions.
Once you’ve applied and we’ve received your transcripts, reach out to your academic coach to discuss the status of your application and your educational goals. Appointments are available on campus, via Zoom, or over the phone.
During your first meeting, you will receive an official academic plan that outlines how many of your credits will transfer in and your exact path to graduation. A writing or math assessment test may be necessary when meeting if you’re bringing in little or no transfer credits for these areas.
All admission materials must be received ten days prior to the start of any term.
Once you’re admitted into the School for Professional Studies, you may begin taking courses in the next available term. If applicable, a letter identifying official acceptance of transfer hours will be forwarded when your official transcripts have been received and evaluated.
If you have questions about the admission process or the status of your application, call 314-526-2825.